cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 07:11 PM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

seriously, Vino should try to pull Tyler Hamilton's "vanishing twin syndrome". See if it works.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:16 PM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

also, if there is any karma in this world, Assmunchen will break a bone in one of the remaining stages.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:58 PM   #13
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Sad day for cycling. With the doubt around Rasmussen would you kick him out and really send a message?
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:18 PM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
Sad day for cycling. With the doubt around Rasmussen would you kick him out and really send a message?
I think rabobank should kick him off the team. I've already said this.

If it turns out that assmunchen wins and he has been found to have doped, then I would ban rabobank forever.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:30 PM   #15
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quisqueyano View Post
The story of this years race is the battle between Ras. and Contador. If they both test clean as they battle it out, then it is still a great year.
I disagree. I think Rasmussen, regardless of how he tests, has ruined his chances for respect this year. It's such an easy thing in this day and age to report one's whereabouts so people are always going to wonder. The only thing that can really save the tour this year is Contador winning.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:40 PM   #16
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Rasmussen should not have been allowed to start. Here the tour chief says he shouldn't have beena llowed to start. If so, why not kick him out now? I think they should, and this is as hard as I have ever felt about the issue, but the guy is a jerk and likely a cheat. His excuse that he didn't have a computer in mexico was ridiculous, IMO.

http://www.velonews.com/tour2007/new...s/12912.0.html
Old 07-24-2007, 08:42 PM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Rasmussen should not have been allowed to start. Here the tour chief says he shouldn't have beena llowed to start. If so, why not kick him out now? I think they should, and this is as hard as I have ever felt about the issue, but the guy is a jerk and likely a cheat. His excuse that he didn't have a computer in mexico was ridiculous, IMO.

http://www.velonews.com/tour2007/new...s/12912.0.html
I think the Tour didn't know about it at the time he started, because the UCI didn't tell them. And speculation that the UCI is trying to embarrass the Tour (fight over control).
Old 07-24-2007, 08:50 PM   #18
creekster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I think the Tour didn't know about it at the time he started, because the UCI didn't tell them. And speculation that the UCI is trying to embarrass the Tour (fight over control).
Clearly the Tdf did not know. That is the point of the guy's comments. If they had known, they would have DQ'd him. There was the story that when the news broke The TdF director called the Danish and UCI federation directors and screamed at them, asking if they were trying to kill the tour.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:51 PM   #19
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Clearly the Tdf did not know. That is the point of the guy's comments. If they had known, they would have DQ'd him. There was the story that when the news broke The TdF director called the Danish and UCI federation directors and screamed at them, asking if they were trying to kill the tour.
"you play hardball, we play hardball." The tour can throw its weight around, but so apparently can UCI.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:02 PM   #20
creekster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
"you play hardball, we play hardball." The tour can throw its weight around, but so apparently can UCI.
But to me the real jerks are the Rabbobank team. THey KNEW he had been warned twice befoire and they failed to ifnomr the TdF and they are standing by him, going so far as to have a press conference today with their lawyer describing why they are within their rights. Blecchhh.