cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 04:44 PM   #1
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Downtown SLC gem restaurants

Just curious as to what restaurants that you have 'found' that you enjoy in downtown or near downtown SLC. Here are a couple of mine:

Himalayan Kitchen: 4th South and just off of State street--they serve indian food and have a fabulous $9 lunch buffet which is very tasty. It gets busy after 12noon, so get there a few minutes early. You will have your choice of chicken masala dishes as well as noodes, rice, vegetables, etc.

BC Chicken: 4th South and State street--good kebabs and nice laidback cafe type atmosphere to go with the roasting meat in the window.

Cinnegrill: 350 South and 300 East--not really a hidden gem because it is rather well known, but very good Italian food. It is also a Utah celebrity hotspot. It has been around forever and is well known for its italian salad and a very good spaghetti plate.

Anyway, those are just a couple of places that may be a bit off the beaten path...
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:11 PM   #2
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love Sicilia Pizza in the Broadway Plaza, the BBQ chicken sandwich is to kill for.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:24 PM   #3
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a place called The Bakery around the corner from my work on 3rd east and about 250 S that has great sandwiches and pastries.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:48 PM   #4
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the Red Butte Cafe on foothill... not exactly a hidden gem.. but a good place to eat.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:39 AM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
I love Sicilia Pizza in the Broadway Plaza, the BBQ chicken sandwich is to kill for.
I have yet to try this. I will and let you know if it should be called Sicilia Pizza or Some Guy's Idea of What He Thinks Is Pizza From Sicily".

Not really downtown, but the Busy Bee Grill on State Street just off 2100 South next to the Sentinal Life building has the best garlic burgers in the state of Utah. It's awesome.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:54 PM   #6
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

well, I may be getting a job in downtown SLC soon (600 E 300 S), so keep these suggestions coming!
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote