cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default She objected to the interrogation techniques

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/1102-05.htm
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:36 PM   #2
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
I'm not educated enough about the war in Iraq to have much of an opinion on this.

I saw your post on CB, and while there were some stupid, insensitive responses, I also didn't catch what you meant with "this speaks for itself". Where were you going with that?
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:32 PM   #3
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
And so her solution was or kill herself? -OR- And therefore she killed herself?

Something doesn't wash there. Maybe it is all related or maybe it would be just as accurate to write a story about how she complained about MREs.....and then she committed suicide, or, write a story about how she wore KHAKI socks that day....and then she committed suicide.

I have no idea what to make of that. Nothing wrong with the story, but I can imagine how a person could come to some pat conclusions that might not be justfied. In any case, very sad waste of a life.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:57 PM   #4
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
And so her solution was or kill herself? -OR- And therefore she killed herself?

Something doesn't wash there. Maybe it is all related or maybe it would be just as accurate to write a story about how she complained about MREs.....and then she committed suicide, or, write a story about how she wore KHAKI socks that day....and then she committed suicide.

I have no idea what to make of that. Nothing wrong with the story, but I can imagine how a person could come to some pat conclusions that might not be justfied. In any case, very sad waste of a life.
Well stated.

I believe the article is trying say that there is more to the story than what was first reported. Of course there is still more to the story than what this article is saying, and quite frankly there is no more truth here than what already was reported -except perhaps the fact that she killed herself and did not die in combat.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote