cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Federal bail out for lawyers?

Why the hell not!

Had I known in college that investment bankers were a more privilieged class than lawyers, made more money, and like farmers are eligible for federal bail outs, I'd have taken a different career path. I blame the Mormons who raised me for not enlightening me. Had I been a WSJ reader back then I'd have known, investment bankers do no wrong, lawyers are always scum.

Seriously, I don't claim to know all the financial machinations and rationalizations for the Bear Sterns bail out/government no interest loans for the Bear Sterns fire sale that I'm sure will wind up making a lot of super rich investment bankers super super rich, just like the Drexel Burnham shut down did. But something about this smells like Argentina in the '70's and '80's trying to solve its problems by printing more money. I'm sure Americans (excluding the bankers) will wind up paying a steep price. There's no free lunch.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:12 PM   #2
T Blue

T Blue is on a distinguished road

There will probably be many who will make a ton of money off this govt. feeding at the trough, but from what I have heard there will be millions of people who would be affected if the govt. were to allow this company to fail.

I have a feeling this trough feeding has something to do with trying to stave off what will probably end up being the inevitable anyway, and that is a huge recession/depression.

Not sure which is the correct approach to the problem??
T Blue is offline   Reply With Quote