cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 06:55 PM   #21
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Here are some observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue
[
Fus you really don't understand woman (of course none of us do) ... maybe you should never get married! What you fail to realize is that her job as a mother is TRULY 24/7. While the husband does work hard and provides for family he also gets to walk away from the children EVERYDAY -she cannot, will not, must not walk away ... you I and the mojority of men on this board WILL NEVER understand that. Her actions were ill advised, but not uncommon and certianly FORGIVABLE!
<sigh> Tooblue, I'm afraid you're well on your way to becoming my favorite poster.

I also agree with nonsequitur's last post.
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:57 PM   #22
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FATHERS are fathers 24/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
what's this my job never stops nonsense?

When we get home, we're expected and usually gladly participate in homework assignments, taking children elsewhere and appearing at all the performances.
It's not nonsense when men have a CHOICE to get home in time to gladly participate Archea!
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:00 PM   #23
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default non sequitur has described the problem

is leadership is endeavoring to sell the position that women don't need the priesthood in light of society's current declaration that women need to be the same as men.

The same with things equal or disproportionate in women's favor.

And don't include me as a woman hater. I love them, but recognize our lot, is to accept the abuse dished out by them and move on. If a man is in the army, the guys respect the guy who keeps on trudging ahead.

Basically, a person needs to be an existentialist, doing something right because it's right irrespective of the consequences.

You treat women well, because all people deserve, but don't kindness in return, because you usually won't receive it back.

You treat your spouse well, because she deserves, but don't expect reciprocity because it won't happen most of the time.

That is the duty of being human.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:01 PM   #24
tooblue

Default Re: Here are some observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahWaters
<sigh> Tooblue, I'm afraid you're well on your way to becoming my favorite poster.
It's all these feminist studies I'm forced to 'understand' in my persuit of fine arts :wink:
Old 12-15-2005, 07:01 PM   #25
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

i basically just dont understand women. i dont understand why utah women are so depressed. i dont understand why its so hard for them to be at home with their kids. i dont understand why they complain when their husbands provide for them.

both my parents worked. not because of need, but because of want. my father makes a good living and my mom worked because she felt she could do a lot working both inside and outside of the home. she saw her lot in life as not only a mother but a social pillar that could provide comfort for other people. so when i see women and their man hate i dont see where it originates from.

here is my opinion on why this happens.....

utah mormon girls are short changed. they are taught that their value only extends to their family, and that their husbands value extends much more than that. i think its a shame that the women of the church arent stronger players, and stronger examples of conduct, opinion, and thought.

so in their oppressed state they become bitter. form circles of man hate, and manifest themselves through selfish behavior and caddy backbiting.

alas i love me some women and couldnt imagine a day without the ability to gaze upon gods greatest creation.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:06 PM   #26
Archaea

Default too blue look at my schedule and tell me

about my choices.

Until the last few years or so,

I basically slaved away for my clients's benefit, returning home after everyone went to bed, being disgusted that I missed the recitals and what not.

Recently, I've just told the missus I want to help, and we may have to make do with less. She's accepted the help, but not too keen on the making do with less.

Some of our professions are jealous and don't let us do fun things such as help our kids. That's why being a lawyer can suck.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:07 PM   #27
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

The man bashing thing is the church's equivalent of "white guilt". You know where white folks go annoyingly out of their way to show their minority friends and co-workers how open and tolerant they are. I think it is the manner in which some priesthood holders "apologize" for the fact that only men hold the priesthood.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:08 PM   #28
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

You know, it bothers me sometimes when my husband spends hours in the evenings playing Counterstrike online-- but, he does have a cute butt :wink:
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:09 PM   #29
tooblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
i dont understand why utah women are so depressed.
All woman everywhere are depressed ... outside of Utah they self medicate :wink: Not to create a bashing Utah girls bandwagon, because I think Utah girls are great, but I always figured I would not marry a Utah girl ... As a result I now live in Toronto :shock:
Old 12-15-2005, 07:14 PM   #30
Archaea

Default It would be interesting to see meaningful

statistics on medification, but the statistics I've seen don't really support Utah being overly medicated.

What the incidence rate of bipolar disorder or clinical depression is not known to me, although psychiatrists have some statistics.