cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay
Default Finally out of basic

What did I miss? I can't access cougarboard from the MI library "due to hostile content."
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, fall camp has started with the usual claims that the team is fantastic, looking to whup some ass.

BYU continues to speculate that BYU will receive a Big XII invite, if TAMU actually leaves.

The QB's, Heaps, has looked sharp, the receivers better, and the tight ends have been injured quite a bit. Holt has emerged as the only non-injured consistent playing TE.

The running backs by committee appear competent.

The receivers appears to be better, but remember how they were supposed to be a strength, and weren't most of the year. Nonetheless, they appear quite a bit stronger.

The linebackers appear to be the strength of the defense, the defensive line is thin with not much depth.

The defensive backs appear talented but inexperienced.

The kicking game has potential but Sorenson has proved inconsistent on shorter strikes.

Optimism is high and we're eager to start the season.

How did basic go?
Old 08-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

We are independent and signed a deal with ESPN. Heaps was the quarterback last season. Jimmer Fredette lit up the college basketball world. And somewhere out there, y'zguy is sniffing a jock.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:33 AM   #4
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Well, fall camp has started with the usual claims that the team is fantastic, looking to whup some ass.

BYU continues to speculate that BYU will receive a Big XII invite, if TAMU actually leaves.

The QB's, Heaps, has looked sharp, the receivers better, and the tight ends have been injured quite a bit. Holt has emerged as the only non-injured consistent playing TE.

The running backs by committee appear competent.

The receivers appears to be better, but remember how they were supposed to be a strength, and weren't most of the year. Nonetheless, they appear quite a bit stronger.

The linebackers appear to be the strength of the defense, the defensive line is thin with not much depth.

The defensive backs appear talented but inexperienced.

The kicking game has potential but Sorenson has proved inconsistent on shorter strikes.

Optimism is high and we're eager to start the season.

How did basic go?
Thanks Archaea. Basic was fun and really, really sucked at the same time. It's weird because in the moment you feel like it's never going to end, and at the same time it went by really fast. I had some of the most miserable experiences of my entire life, and some of the coolest. I'm just glad that I'm out in time for the football season!
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:33 PM   #5
Yz1

Yz1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
I had some of the most miserable experiences of my entire life, and some of the coolest. I'm just glad that I'm out in time for the football season!
Let's hope that doesn't describe the football season. 2010 was miserable enough.
Yz1 is offline   Reply With Quote