cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2008, 11:30 PM   #71
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
1-utep '85
2-utep '85
3-utep '85
4-utep '85
5-unr '02
I'll second that.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:42 PM   #72
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

In fact, all I remember of that game is my dad cursing and my mom getting mad, and telling us children to not bother our dad. I guess he was in mourning. My mother is a great wife, she also taught us when we were little to not bother my dad during games unless it was a time out.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:50 PM   #73
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
In fact, all I remember of that game is my dad cursing and my mom getting mad, and telling us children to not bother our dad. I guess he was in mourning. My mother is a great wife, she also taught us when we were little to not bother my dad during games unless it was a time out.
That loss should not have affected me, but I've never been so upset with BYU football, before or since, as I was with that damn game.

"Chow, get Fowler in the game, Bosco is hurt," I was screaming and then he threw that duck going in for the winning TD only to have it returned.

It was horrible, and this was after UCLA had beaten us on Mike Sherrard's pass. Pisses me off to this day.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:08 AM   #74
BYUsportsguy

BYUsportsguy is on a distinguished road

1. Hawaii 2001 - This was the saddest game I ever watched on TV. BYU game out SO FLAT. It prepared me to watch the Liberty Bowl (which I went to personally) which was another sad game, so I'm lumping those two together.

2. UNM in Provo 2004. I was at this one too and it's tough to describe how it felt to have the pathetic hope of a winning season crushed by a team like that.

3. The first time BYU lost 34-31 to Utah and they tried to tear our goal posts down. I was at that game too with my dad, and when he saw the Utah players on the goal posts the cursing came freely. It was bad enough to lose, but, you don't tear down your rival's goal posts. That's a no-no.

4. UTEP 1985

5. 2006, losing to BC in double overtime. Not that the Cougs sucked in this game, but it was one of those games that was so close (when it shouldn't have been) and to lose like that at the end was really depressing.
BYUsportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:26 PM   #75
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm surprised no Ute Fans have contributed to this list. I'm sure they have plenty of "worst BYU football moments" to share.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #76
Rickomatic

Rickomatic

1. 2003 Utah 3 BYU 0
2. 1985 UTEP 23 BYU 16
3. 2002 Nevada 31 BYU 28
4. 2001 Hawaii 72 BYU 45
5. 1990 Texas A&M 65 BYU 14

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

Mark Twain
Rickomatic is offline   Reply With Quote