cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Discussion with my girlfriend about priesthood....

and the role of women.

her....

For some reason I started thinking about what my role is in the whole scheme of things and it really started to bother me. Now, I’m not saying that I want the Priesthood, please don’t think that this what I’m saying, but I just can’t really quite figure out what is so special about my place in the eternities. Of course, the natural answer is to have children. Hm………ok…….so that started the thought that perhaps that’s why polygamy is an eternal principle, because the woman is there is help with the raising of children. Is this weird that this bothers me? It really started bothering me because that doesn’t really make me feel special. I’m sure that the answer is right in front of me, but I just don’t feel very special. I don’t feel like there really is a place for me because sheesh, there’s just another wife waiting in the eternal “wings” to come out and have her turn. Does any of this many any sense?

My response....

It makes sense what you are saying. I hope I have never made you feel subserviant, or below me in any way shape or form. While gender is important in this life for obvious physical and emotional reasons, I have a feeling in the next it won't quite be as important. Priesthood for example, I believe, will be a joint venture relationship between man and woman. When the scriptures talk about Gods, they are talking about both male and female. While in the temple which you will experience soon in preparation for us, (oh freakin lame garments for you, very upset about that! ) men and women are almost interchangeable, while distinct and seperate you forge yourself at a common point and become one in the celestial room. To me this means two things, a. women operate just fine under the umbrella of the priesthood, or possess in part priesthood power and b. in the end we should be one and it won't much matter who is who in the terms of men and women.

Naturally to maintain order you must have a sole possessor and adminstrator, but I think that you share and both receive those same blessings. While seperated and distinguished here, I think in the eternities your place will be much more elevated than you currently see it now. I think it fits into the grander plan and Heavenly Father utilizes the natural physical differences to distinguish certain capabilities here on the earth. Women have periods, understand human emotion, and have an aptitude to love on a broader scale. Men are rough, they exert physical force and presence, and they think more black and white. Motherhood and Priesthood while distinct, unique and seperate, match up to our natural physical capabilities and limitations . Women are left to nuture an unborn child, to feel life sprout inside of them, men witness and administer a loving hand from the sidelines. So it is with life as we grow, women nuture the unadultered love necessary for strong families, while men adminster their power in other forms. When you combine the two, and a man and a wife become one, you both feast off of each other differences and forge a fruitful life. That to me is the key to a happy life, accepting each others strengths and natural aptitudes and making a complete person for without both entities a complete life is impossible.

As far as polygamy is concerned, you are just as uncomfortable with it as I am.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote