cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #121
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I hope your advice didn't end up making her feel like a whore.

<rimshot>
OK it is time to admit it, I literally laughed out loud and that rarely happens to me.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:15 PM   #122
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
I have some thoughts on this matter...that I do not think have already been expressed. Does anyone care though, or have we moved along to other things? I'm not going to waste my time and energy if this thread has lost everyone's interest.

I think the point of the thread you just proved. If women aren't treated like Princesses, they get ticked. Do you see any of the men posting worrying if they are about to waste their time and energy.

I am not beating up on you, it's your gender. You are too demanding. Men and women aren't equal! You don't have the Priesthood and contrary to what you are told, it isn't because women are so good they don't need it.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #123
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
I would still take her in a heartbeat. Great smile.
It appears that in addition to solving Man's need for more bounce for the ounce, it also appears that man has found a solution for sagitis. Such medical discoveries might put makers of brasierres out of business world wide it could also make National Geographic documentaries of sub-Saharan African tribes beyond my PG-13 limits........
Old 01-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #124
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
It appears that in addition to solving Man's need for more bounce for the ounce, it also appears that man has found a solution for sagitis. Such medical discoveries might put makers of brasierres out of business world wide it could also make National Geographic documentaries of sub-Saharan African tribes beyond my PG-13 limits........
I think she would look better with the grandma short-crop perm fro, myself.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #125
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I am not kidding. The girl I have told everyone about that I dated after each of her 3 divorces I will bet looks exactly like that right now. We dated from her age of 33 to the last time she was 46.

In order to keep the smile she had I swear she must have done smile muscle building exercises 8 hours a day although she claimed she didn't.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:58 PM   #126
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I am interested.
...why doesn't my director stay in his office? Surely he has something better to do with his time than hover over my desk...

Anyway, I moved to HB and I heard the same thing from girls out here that I heard at BYU. "We don't get asked out, the men have Halo parties with each other. The bishop has resorted to calling men and giving them a list of women that he wants them to take on a date..."

However, I met my now best friend (aka friend A) after I'd been in California for about a year. After hanging around her for about a week, and listening to her talk about who she had dated, I started to realize that she had been out with EVERYONE. Literally almost every guy out here had taken her out, and most of them more than once (incidentally the majority of the single women here hated her). I think that when I first met her she was dating three guys at one time. She's cute, really cute actually, but she'll be the first to admit that there are prettier girls out there that date far less.

I started asking her questions about it, and honestly, the woman is so ridiculously good at this stuff that it isn't even funny. She told me that if I wanted to learn how to date she'd teach me, but as far as holding together a relationship...I'm on my own. Literally the woman is an artist. Getting dates is an art, that's what I've decided. I'll never be as good as her, but there aren't very many girls I know that date more than I do.

So in my opinion the fault lies squarely on the shoulders of the sisters, and society and the feminists that want to turn us all into the she/he's.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:07 PM   #127
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
...why doesn't my director stay in his office? Surely he has something better to do with his time than hover over my desk...

Anyway, I moved to HB and I heard the same thing from girls out here that I heard at BYU. "We don't get asked out, the men have Halo parties with each other. The bishop has resorted to calling men and giving them a list of women that he wants them to take on a date..."

However, I met my now best friend (aka friend A) after I'd been in California for about a year. After hanging around her for about a week, and listening to her talk about who she had dated, I started to realize that she had been out with EVERYONE. Literally almost every guy out here had taken her out, and most of them more than once (incidentally the majority of the single women here hated her). I think that when I first met her she was dating three guys at one time. She's cute, really cute actually, but she'll be the first to admit that there are prettier girls out there that date far less.

I started asking her questions about it, and honestly, the woman is so ridiculously good at this stuff that it isn't even funny. She told me that if I wanted to learn how to date she'd teach me, but as far as holding together a relationship...I'm on my own. Literally the woman is an artist. Getting dates is an art, that's what I've decided. I'll never be as good as her, but there aren't very many girls I know that date more than I do.

So in my opinion the fault lies squarely on the shoulders of the sisters, and society and the feminists that want to turn us all into the she/he's.
I think there is an art for both sides of the dating equation. Personally, my concern isn't dating, it is the castration of American men. Make them as womanly as possible and then they gather in groups and play games instead of going out and trying to find a girl to defile. Sure there is less sexual sin but at what cost?

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:08 PM   #128
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Agreed.

First thing is, you as a lady must want to date.

Second, you must act as if you like men, not hate them or hold them to be little boys subject to your rule.

Many women send out false signals.

In most cases, if a gal ain't dating, it's not the guy's fault. Heck I've had girls ask me for dates, knowing I'm married. So where there's a will there's a way.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:12 PM   #129
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
After hanging around her for about a week, and listening to her talk about who she had dated, I started to realize that she had been out with EVERYONE. Literally almost every guy out here had taken her out, and most of them more than once (incidentally the majority of the single women here hated her). I think that when I first met her she was dating three guys at one time. She's cute, really cute actually, but she'll be the first to admit that there are prettier girls out there that date far less.

I don't say this to brag, heck, I don't even know if it's something to be proud of, but the friend you describe sounds like my wife when she was single.

The sentence that caught my eye was the following..."the woman is so ridiculously good at this stuff that it isn't even funny"

Honestly, I don't believe it can be taught. It's as simple as having the combination of good looks and a personality conducive to getting dates. What I mean by that is this: Not only did my wife have the requisite looks (you mention prettier girls who don't date as much as your friend), but she made every guy she talked to think they were the best looking, funniest, most interesting guy in town. She was very approachable, easy to talk to and extremely friendly. Again, I'm not sure any of that can be taught. It's a personality trait and a rare one at that.

The downside of that was that she had to break the hearts of numerous guys who thought they had something with her (because of the way she made them feel) and it wasn't fun for her.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #130
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Agreed.

First thing is, you as a lady must want to date.

Second, you must act as if you like men, not hate them or hold them to be little boys subject to your rule.

Many women send out false signals.

In most cases, if a gal ain't dating, it's not the guy's fault. Heck I've had girls ask me for dates, knowing I'm married. So where there's a will there's a way.
I don't ask men out.

My friend says that women don't pursue, we present men with an opportunity to pursue. If it comes down to it, and we're pretty well convinced the guy is interested, but isn't asking, then we're allowed one opportunity to invite them with us to a ticketed event. If they can't pick up the pace and start asking after that they're either not interested after all, or too feminine and we don't want those men anyway.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote