cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Lady Cougars
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2021, 04:00 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default basketball vs. Arizona

Kaylee Gonzales is the real deal. Her ball handling and posture, just the way she carries herself, really reminds me of John Stockton. No, she's not a HoFer like John Stockton, but it was pinging my brain--this is reminiscent of Stockton's style.

She's by far the best player on the team. Maybe if she can rehab some more, get a bit more powerful and quick, that would be huge. I could tell that there was a quickness deficit when she had to run back on D. And also that they didn't put her on zona's start player on D. I suppose the other reason for that is to save some energy. She played almost the entire game.

I don't follow women's basketball very much (I know, shame on me). But I have to wonder if she might not end up being the best ever at BYU.

Paisley Harding had a really bad game. They were talking her up before the game as the star and go-to player, but it didn't work out that way. She was riding the pine at the end. Someone mentioned that she broke her hand before the game, which would explain a lot. But makes me also wonder why she played at all. How can you play effectively with a broken hand?

That does bring up some memories for me. I played a season recovering from a broken elbow where I didn't have full range of motion and it hurt really bad to extend my arm at all. No normal person would have played that season. But it is what it is. Broken it in August. Surgery. Immobilized in cast for 6-8 weeks, then surgery to remove the pin. I didn't miss a single game.

Well, sorry to glom on with my own pointless story.

Ladies played hard and almost had the upset. The start on the other team was just too good. She took the game over at the end. She was definitely the best player on the floor.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote