cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2006, 12:52 AM   #1
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah
Default Anybody seeing Pirates tonight?

Midnight showings around here are sold out. I am really excited for this one. I know with the first one I was a bit hesitant to see it, but it turned into one of my favorite movies. Pirates 3 is already in the works...and Keith Richards in rumored to play Depp's father.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:02 AM   #2
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33
Midnight showings around here are sold out. I am really excited for this one. I know with the first one I was a bit hesitant to see it, but it turned into one of my favorite movies. Pirates 3 is already in the works...and Keith Richards in rumored to play Depp's father.
Keith Richards is still alive???

During the Super Bowl last year I thought for sure that someone had exhumed his body and propped it up on the stage.

I too am looking forward to seeing this movie. Maybe not as much as you, but I enjoyed the entertainment value of the first one.

BTW, can anyone confirm or deny my wife's theory that Gareth Keenan from the British version of The Office was one of the main Pirates in the first show? I believe it was one of the guys that abducted Keira Knightley in the beginning of the movie.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:11 AM   #3
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose
Keith Richards is still alive???

During the Super Bowl last year I thought for sure that someone had exhumed his body and propped it up on the stage.

I too am looking forward to seeing this movie. Maybe not as much as you, but I enjoyed the entertainment value of the first one.

BTW, can anyone confirm or deny my wife's theory that Gareth Keenan from the British version of The Office was one of the main Pirates in the first show? I believe it was one of the guys that abducted Keira Knightley in the beginning of the movie.
I can confirm if you are talking about the pirate with the weird eye. He is the "Dwight" character in the British version of the Office.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:41 AM   #4
fuegote

fuegote

I'll be there tonight. Look for my tired man one line review later tonight.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:11 AM   #5
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33
My son is there right now. In pirate clothes. With a bunch of cute girls.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:14 AM   #6
fuegote

fuegote

I thought the movie was great. Fun stuff.

1. remember it is part 1 of a 2 part movie.... so it just ends.

2. refrain from drinking anything 2 hours prior to the movie. I almost had to pee my pants. Seriously, I was about the burst. Consolation: My bladder is now streached longer for future usage.

3. Part of my pain is waiting to see the "final clip" after the movie. Don't worry about the final clip breathren (and sisters) it's worthless.