cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #27
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
jay...nice to see the honesty, but you are dead wrong about him being overrated and about not being a difference maker. If you barely remember him, it is hard to talk about him.

As I said before, he is a guy that guarded the oppositions best player (guard or forward). He was great at defense because he stayed in front of his players. Short guys could not shoot over him and struggled to ever get around him...tall guys struggled to get in a position to score over him. He was also clutch down the stretch (game winning shots including an absolutely amazing final couple of minutes against Air Force at Air Force during his senior year). In terms of not letting his team lose, I would put Alex second behind Andre Miller. I would put him ahead of Van Horn (who hit a bunch of last second clutch shots), Bogut, Hanno and Doleac.

Jensen really did it all. Right now, Cummard is nowhere near the player that Alex was. With that said, maybe he will be in the next year or two. He definately shows traits that make him invaluable. It will be interesting to see how he turns out.
I've been admitting my lack of knowledge on Jensen from the beginning. My first post I said that and was making a statistical comparison of the two. Outside of the statistical comparison, I admit I don't have much value to add to the discussion. OTOH, since Cummard's still a soph, and Jensen was still a role player as a soph, nobody can really compare the two much at all.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote