cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Big game this week you two.....

I am stopping by to let Archaea know that I am looking for some serious Henry V type of shit for this week. Also once BYU and Bronco beat wax some froggie ass, I am fully expecting Brother Waters to grovel about how Bronco has clearly proven he is a much better coach than Patterson.

FOR ALMA MATER'S SONS AND DAUGHTER BITCHES!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

So the goat-****er shows his face, lol.

Huge game, no doubt. What's the line?

I expect a TCU win, because TCU has a great defense, great coaching, and a heady quarterback.

BYU has an erratic QB and a suspect defense, and sometimes questionable game-planning.

Plus, factor in that TCU destroyed BYU last year with basically the same ingredients I quote above.

Plus, BYU has demonstrated it can spread 'em to the visiting team at LES.

Having said that, TCU has had some suspect performances this year, so while I favor TCU, it would not surprise me if BYU wins.

Mendenhall repeating last year's losses to TCU and Utah would really, really hurt. We shall see what happens.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #3
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
So the goat-****er shows his face, lol.

Huge game, no doubt. What's the line?

I expect a TCU win, because TCU has a great defense, great coaching, and a heady quarterback.

BYU has an erratic QB and a suspect defense, and sometimes questionable game-planning.

Plus, factor in that TCU destroyed BYU last year with basically the same ingredients I quote above.

Plus, BYU has demonstrated it can spread 'em to the visiting team at LES.

Having said that, TCU has had some suspect performances this year, so while I favor TCU, it would not surprise me if BYU wins.

Mendenhall repeating last year's losses to TCU and Utah would really, really hurt. We shall see what happens.

My line is BYU by 9. The BYU quarterback is getting less and less eratic. I think TCU will need to establish the run and I think BYU can stop the Frog run game. I think the fact that TCU's style of play is not to get overly aggressive on offense allows Hall to take what TCU gives instead of having to force the action. I like a late TD from BYU to put it out of reach with under 5 minutes left.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

You are not going to use your mental judo to make me root for TCU.

No way Vegas will have BYU by 9.

Maybe if Mendenhall quits, Patterson can take over at BYU. His wife (ex-wife?) is LDS, and he has attended church many, many times.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
You are not going to use your mental judo to make me root for TCU.

No way Vegas will have BYU by 9.

Maybe if Mendenhall quits, Patterson can take over at BYU. His wife (ex-wife?) is LDS, and he has attended church many, many times.
The force of his nipples would give way toooooo much away about the faith. Well, perhaps once he leaves that freaking sauna like soup weather you wackos love down there and moves to the comfy environment of my beloved Intermountain West his mass to surface area ratio will not result in him sweating like a mutant. Under those circumstances I am thinking all compasses and squares are duly protected.

I think Vegas' line is TCU by 2. I told you my line. I think I won your own prediction contest so get back bitches, I got a feeling about this one....BYU wins decisively with a late TD and Bronco reasserts his alpha 1 role in the MWC.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:52 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Right now the coaches pecking order is thus:

Oh wait, #4, your FAVORITE coach, has been fired by the sorry school that hired him.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:39 AM   #7
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I am stopping by to let Archaea know that I am looking for some serious Henry V type of shit for this week. Also once BYU and Bronco beat wax some froggie ass, I am fully expecting Brother Waters to grovel about how Bronco has clearly proven he is a much better coach than Patterson.

FOR ALMA MATER'S SONS AND DAUGHTER BITCHES!
I was bullish on BYU until FSU showed its ugly face. I got my prediction face raped, like a virgin at her first rap concert.

The defense scares me Goat, and last year's demolition of BYU, albeit in Fort Worth, is also disconcerting. Without blitzes, BYU is not putting enough pressure on a quality QB like Dalton.

On the other hand, provided, we give Hall enough time against TCU's speed, the defense may only need to slow TCU down. What did AFA do to slow TCU down?

Patterson is a quality big game coach and Scooter hasn't proven himself to be such, but like the once raped virgin, I am willing to trust that he won't do it again to me, somewhat timidly though.

Come back tomorrow so I can muster the faith to rally the troops.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Here is an oldie but goodie:

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15708&

MWAHAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 03:37 AM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I think the pecking order has not changed. In fact, the gap has increased.