cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #21
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I think you should outline the chapter list for the BYU71 Priesthood Manual.

I am sure that is a good one liner, but it went over my head. Rephase it if you would. I hate missing out on good ones.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:59 PM   #22
Bags1

Bags1 is on a distinguished road

I think you need to get laid more than you need to go to priesthood.
Bags1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #23
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

It all depends, do you have the afternoon meeting time or as my friend calls it "the sports or morning schedule". During the winter if you meet in the morning you might as well go to HP group because really their is nothing else going on. If you attend the afternoon block their are a few more things happening but who really wants to watch the Sean O'Hare play in the Honda Classic. In the summer the pull of doing something outside as opposed to sitting in a meeting hearing the same lesson you heard last month is tough. Remember hitting a well struck 2 iron can be almost spiritual.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #24
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
It all depends, do you have the afternoon meeting time or as my friend calls it "the sports or morning schedule". During the winter if you meet in the morning you might as well go to HP group because really their is nothing else going on. If you attend the afternoon block their are a few more things happening but who really wants to watch the Sean O'Hare play in the Honda Classic. In the summer the pull of doing something outside as opposed to sitting in a meeting hearing the same lesson you heard last month is tough. Remember hitting a well struck 2 iron can be almost spiritual.
Afternoon is great, because you can get your workouts in on time.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:14 PM   #25
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point

My initial thoughts and .02 cents closely falls in line with Palo:

At this point in your life, it may NOT be the most informative, spiritually uplifting time for you...however, at this time, you being there may not even be about "you"...but others that are in attendence.

My first thought was about the statement in the D&C section 89:

A aWord OF Wisdom, for the benefit of the council of high priests, assembled in Kirtland, and the church, and also the saints in Zion—

2 To be sent greeting; not by commandment or constraint, but by revelation and the aword of wisdom, showing forth the order and bwill of God in the temporal salvation of all saints in the last days—

3 Given for a principle with apromise, adapted to the capacity of the bweak and the weakest of all csaints, who are or can be called saints.

...for the "capacity of the weak and the weakest of all saints"....

Your input, experiences and insights may be the very thing that others in attendence may need to hear to bless and help their life at their critical times.

Just my .02 cents....
Old 05-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #26
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

usually "the Lord told me so" shuts the other person up. His mistake was saying he could be fired.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote