cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
FMCoug

FMCoug
Default A cougarguard challenge ... Spirituality

I'd like to see if we could have ONE thread in the Religion forum here that will be about faith and spirituality. Nothing intellectual, no theories, no debates over whether such and such is real or not. Just a discussion of peronal revelation, experiences, ways God has impacted your life, etc.

Any takers?
Old 06-05-2008, 08:18 PM   #2
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

My life is better because of the Gospel.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

missionary work is easy and rewarding. make a friend and invite her to church.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:30 PM   #4
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

The problem is that it feels like casting pearls before swine, what with the way some people on here are a little prone to criticizing others beliefs.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:33 PM   #5
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
The problem is that it feels like casting pearls before swine, what with the way some people on here are a little prone to criticizing others beliefs.

I agree with this. There is a time and place and while I find this place very interesting for the most part, it only occassionally seems like the time or place to share those sorts of experiences or stories;
Old 06-05-2008, 08:40 PM   #6
scottie

scottie is on a distinguished road

Exactly what BDB said about pearls before swine. Don't be discouraged by the lack of faith and spirituality threads on an anonymous message board FMCoug, hopefully people are getting that at their church services and at home.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:44 PM   #7
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
I'd like to see if we could have ONE thread in the Religion forum here that will be about faith and spirituality. Nothing intellectual, no theories, no debates over whether such and such is real or not. Just a discussion of peronal revelation, experiences, ways God has impacted your life, etc.

Any takers?
God impacts my life by prompting me to participate in interesting, sometimes controversial discussions.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:44 PM   #8
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Exactly what BDB said about pearls before swine. Don't be discouraged by the lack of faith and spirituality threads on an anonymous message board FMCoug, hopefully people are getting that at their church services and at home.
I would share it here as one does with anything one shares within the world. The most personal things I wouldn't share unless I felt completely comfortable.

OTOH, if you prefaced by stating, "this is not a debate, but something close to my heart and emotions," you'd probably receive support and appreciation. This place is by its very design almost adversarial not a form of groupthink or groupshare. Adversarial in the rhetorical manner, not in the personal manner.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:57 PM   #9
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post

Any takers?
This devalues the whole currency of spirutuality to almost worthless. If you're willing to come here and promiscuously share intensely personal and grave matters there's something wrong with you, likely you're almost ipso ipso facto lacking spiritual depth and maturity. This means no disrepspect to CG, but this is a public Internet message board!

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:01 PM   #10
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
This devalues the whole currency of spirutuality to almost worthless. If you're willing to come here and promiscuously share intensely personal and grave matters there's something wrong with you, likely you're almost ipso ipso facto lacking spiritual depth and maturity. This means no disrepspect to CG, but this is a public Internet message board!
Or you're so at peace with yourself, you can share because you've reached the point in your life, where the thoughts and opinions of others cannot harm you. So if you are so in control and at peace, there might be very little you could not share.