cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2008, 07:05 PM   #24
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
Despite the site's efforts to talk up the "great views" and "cul-de-sacs", few of these homes look ostentatious at all. I don't expect to see photos of President Monson's rambler anytime on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. It looks like the home that everyone's great-uncle LaVerl lives in. And Midway, while nice, is no Aspen.

My current home is nice, but nothing special. I paid less than two times my annual salary for it. But if you put it up on that website, there are probably only about 5 homes that look nicer. Materialism might very well be a problem in the Church, but if the best that the enemies of the Church can do is link to pics of normal looking condos with "gorgeious views of the Salt Lake Valley", I see no evidence that the General Authorities have fallen prey to it.

I agree with this. I suspect that the site authors have likely never visited the east bench of the Salt Lake Valley. While it is overall a nice place, the views looking west over the Great Salt Lake are anything but gorgeous.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote