cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2008, 05:23 AM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Old Tav was back (This has nothing to do with his points)

This is the first time in 4-5 games Tav was not sulking during the starting lineups, he was not sulking on the bench when he came out and he was not sulking on the court.

He was the first one up off the bench cheering guys on, he was loud waving his towel, and he was really getting after it defensively. Rose rewarded him with a start in the second half. I have not looked at the numbers but I am guessing Tav played the most minutes (if not 1st, then 2nd to Cummard) he looked a lot more energized and actually showed some heart.

Hopefully this carries over to the Wake Forest game and conference play.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:23 AM   #2
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Tav is our MVP. Not because he is our best player, but we simply aren't good enough if he's sucking it up.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:24 AM   #3
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Tav is our MVP. Not because he is our best player, but we simply aren't good enough if he's sucking it up.
I agree, and I just looked I was way off on the minutes Tav only played 18, which makes what he did even more important.

I think those minutes are wrong actually, Tav came in at the 15 minute mark of the first half and played until the 4 minute mark then came back in with a little over a minute left. Thats 12 minutes. Then in the 2nd half he started and played until the 10 minute mark, and then was reinserted sporadically until their were 4 minutes left. He had at least another 12 minutes in the 2nd half. Maybe they have Collinsworth and Tavs minutes mixed up, regardless he is an energizer for this team and is important.

Last edited by cougjunkie; 01-04-2008 at 05:27 AM.
cougjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #4
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Did he threaten any TAs? We'll know he's really back when he starts threatening TAs again.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #5
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
This is the first time in 4-5 games Tav was not sulking during the starting lineups, he was not sulking on the bench when he came out and he was not sulking on the court.

He was the first one up off the bench cheering guys on, he was loud waving his towel, and he was really getting after it defensively. Rose rewarded him with a start in the second half. I have not looked at the numbers but I am guessing Tav played the most minutes (if not 1st, then 2nd to Cummard) he looked a lot more energized and actually showed some heart.

Hopefully this carries over to the Wake Forest game and conference play.
So, is his "feud" over with Rose? Or is Rose just recognizing that sometimes JT gotta do what JT gotta do and as long as he is producing, he can act however he wants?
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #6
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

He played with more energy but also seems to get that he isn't supposed to chuck up everything. He thought on some of his offensive touches and made better decisions. I think the real key was his activity on the boards and defensively. That is where he needs to mature as a player. "If he isn't shooting well, is he contributing in other ways" should be the measuring stick for JT.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #7
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

I still had to chuckle when I saw he had 13 shots in 18 minutes last night.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote