cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Home Improvement and Real Estate

Old 04-30-2008, 07:14 PM   #11
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I would love to go, but the price of gas is too high.
I appreciate your willingness to help though.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:50 PM   #12
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
Just show up Saturday evening for the BBQ. Then you can just enjoy the finished product, however awful it may look.
You sure? Friday is the night I have no kids' sports going on.

If you'd rather, I'll bring the Cokes from Sunburst and watch you do it by yourself.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:57 PM   #13
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
Sod off.
Possibly my most favorite explicative ever.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:25 PM   #14
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
You sure? Friday is the night I have no kids' sports going on.

If you'd rather, I'll bring the Cokes from Sunburst and watch you do it by yourself.
Stop by Friday! Honestly, I'd feel more comfortable with you just hanging out and I can show you the TV rather than working in my yard... and that Sunburst place seems like a rip off.. their gas is always 10 cents higher than everyone else it seems.. plus the owner always speaks to his son in their Mediterranean language or wherever they are from right in front of me which I bothers me for some reason..
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:04 PM   #15
The_Tick

The_Tick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to The_Tick Send a message via MSN to The_Tick

Quote:
plus the owner always speaks to his son in their Mediterranean language or wherever they are from right in front of me which I bothers me for some reason..
Because they are talking about you getting screwed on the price of something. It should bother you.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:36 PM   #16
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
Because they are talking about you getting screwed on the price of something. It should bother you.
i knew that 2 gallon gas can wasn't $50!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 04-30-2008, 11:55 PM   #17
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Stop by Friday! Honestly, I'd feel more comfortable with you just hanging out and I can show you the TV rather than working in my yard... and that Sunburst place seems like a rip off.. their gas is always 10 cents higher than everyone else it seems.. plus the owner always speaks to his son in their Mediterranean language or wherever they are from right in front of me which I bothers me for some reason..
Ok, I'll stop by Friday.

They really aren't bad folks at Sunburst. They're nice people and have quite the story about coming to this country. The dad is a dad of the a couple of the kids that work there, but he is also the oldest brother of 5. The father of the family was killed one of the many terrorist attacks in Lebanon back in the late 70s/early 80s. So the oldest son decided that it would be in their best interest to move here and they eventually all came to Salt Lake over the course of 20 or so years. They're all pretty devout Muslims and are embarrassed by the terrorist groups.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:07 PM   #18
bYuPride

holy shiz! that's a lot of sod... i just had the sod delivered.. 6 pallets or however you spell it. I'm renting a skidsteer loader and am hoping to get it all done by 3pm on Saturday. my woman is graduating from the univ. of utah on friday and i'm throwing her a BBQ for our family and friends Saturday night..

so here's the plan. it's snowing pretty hard right now, but hopefully by the time i get home from work this evening it won't be snowing too bad.. i'm going to pull out as many roots, dirt, stumps, trees etc, that i can and then friday late morning pick up the skidsteer and get all the stuff that would take too long by hand.. i hope to have it all prepped by friday night by 5. start laying sod until dark and lay the rest down Saturday morning.

wish me luck. i'm going to need it.

"I'm on my beater bike"