cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports

Old 10-26-2011, 12:07 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Really enjoying this Rangers run the past 2 years

I used to be a big MLB fan when I was a kid. Used to sit in front of TBS all the time and watch Murph and the rest of the Braves, my favorite team.

After Murph left, I was getting older and busier and kind of stopped following the Braves. By the time I was in college, really wasn't into it all.

When I lived in Houston, just vaguely followed the Astros in the news.

Same with the Rangers. I've been to a game or two (free tickets, Tex). I follow them a little closer, in that I will seek out game summaries to read, but don't watch the games.

But playoffs Rangers baseball? I am all over that. Baseball does this magical transformation in the playoffs where suddenly it becomes important and intensely suspenseful.

So many different stories on the Rangers. You have Ron Washington, the very likeable coach who can't doesn't do subject-verb agreement, who also tested positive for cocaine on one of his drug tests. You have "The Natural"-esque redemption story of Josh Hamilton and his return from drug use on the streets.

CJ Wilson and his douche-baggery. http://www.theunticket.com/cj-braggi...tage-part-two/

Colby Lewis and his rise and fall, going to Japan, return to the US and redemption.

The early season controversy over Michael Young being moved out of 3rd to DH. The arrival of Beltre, and his fantastic glove and bat.

Mike Napoli, formerly hated Angels player, now beloved Ranger.

And you can keep going and going. I suppose every team has stories like these. Maybe. I don't know. I don't follow other teams.

The Rangers winning the World Series would be an embarrassment of riches for a city that just took home the NBA championship.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote