cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling

Old 07-11-2009, 01:56 AM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see Lance staying with Contador, esp. now that we know Contador is likely the superior TT guy as well.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:03 AM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

btw, looks like my prediction might come true--because Lance did not take the Yellow on the TT, he won't have it at all.

Moreover, Contador could not have attacked today had Lance had the yellow.

I still entertain the possibility that Lance might have a surprise in the engine room. One thing that we have learned over the years is this: do not make this Texan mad.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:28 AM   #13
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Looks like it is over for Lance this year. Such a strange sight to see all those people go by Lance. I expected Contador to be much faster, but I was kind of thinking that Lance had the form to stay with those others.

Lance has to be disappointed.

But man, imagine if he came back during this tour, against all odds (and maybe w/ the help of modern medicine), wouldn't that be something?

I sure wish we could get an american team with all the top American riders. that would be fun. Of course Hincapie might not be so happy to participate after getting jobbed by Garmin.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:55 AM   #14
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I sure wish we could get an american team with all the top American riders. that would be fun. Of course Hincapie might not be so happy to participate after getting jobbed by Garmin.
You may get your wish with Radio Shack.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #15
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

Are we going to find out that Hincapie has been riding this last week with a broken collarbone? I can't see Colombia wanting to let Hincapie go. He a beast in the lead out for Cav.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:27 PM   #16
MikeWaters
Demiurge

What would be the attraction to ride w/ Lance if you are on Garmin or Columbia? Well, one, if you got paid more. And two, the opportunity to be talked about a bit more in the race, if you are a domestique. But no chance for individual glory. Do I see Christian switching over? No. I could see Levi sticking with Lance. Hincapie? Columbia is kind of his baby, so I don't think he leaves that. Besides, "Big George" said, I thought, that this was his last tour.

It looks like Lance and Contador will not be riding together for RadioShack. C. just said that he never did respect Lance and never will. Doesn't sound like they are very chummy. Contador has got great form, but a T. Rex brain. I hope Lance sticks his pump into his spokes, ala Breaking Away.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:00 PM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
What would be the attraction to ride w/ Lance if you are on Garmin or Columbia? Well, one, if you got paid more. And two, the opportunity to be talked about a bit more in the race, if you are a domestique. But no chance for individual glory. Do I see Christian switching over? No. I could see Levi sticking with Lance. Hincapie? Columbia is kind of his baby, so I don't think he leaves that. Besides, "Big George" said, I thought, that this was his last tour.

It looks like Lance and Contador will not be riding together for RadioShack. C. just said that he never did respect Lance and never will. Doesn't sound like they are very chummy. Contador has got great form, but a T. Rex brain. I hope Lance sticks his pump into his spokes, ala Breaking Away.
Lance on Contador (twitter):

Quote:
hey pistolero, there is no "i" in "team". what did i say in March? Lots to learn. Restated.
---------------------------
Seeing these comments from AC. If I were him I'd drop this drivel and start thanking his team. w/o them, he doesn't win.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:26 AM   #18
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Finally a peloton with no dopers.

That is, if we don't consider all the doping material found in tour team trash.

http://tour-de-france.velonews.com/a...l-wary-of-tour