cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2008, 01:29 AM   #81
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Woot regularly greets his wife by saying, "Fuck off!"

Then they both laugh heartily at how silly society is and have a glass of Chardonnay.
That might be the first time a laughed at one of your posts Johnny....well done!
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:53 AM   #82
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

This is a sad, sad day on CG. What a pathetic thread.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:23 AM   #83
El Jefe

El Jefe
Default RE: Akili fiasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
What was that?
Some people on CG got upset when they found out that the some of the mods (not all) have a second account that they use for dealing with trolls. They decided to all create second accounts on Cougarboard to protest. This was all decided in the secret forum (whatever it's called). Alkili was a member of that forum, and also a friend of mine from Cougarboard softball, and let me know about it. There was a big fiasco, where I think both sides misunderstood what was happening on the other side, and bad feelings ensued.

Eventually I think I just forgave all the penalties if they agreed to stop doing it, and we moved on. It's honestly been a very long time since I even thought about it. I don't even remember who was involved. I'm sure they all remember that I was involved, however. Hopefully I learned something, and have mellowed out a bit after that incident.

Please correct me if I misrepresented anything.
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:30 AM   #84
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
Some people on CG got upset when they found out that the some of the mods (not all) have a second account that they use for dealing with trolls. They decided to all create second accounts on Cougarboard to protest. This was all decided in the secret forum (whatever it's called). Alkili was a member of that forum, and also a friend of mine from Cougarboard softball, and let me know about it. There was a big fiasco, where I think both sides misunderstood what was happening on the other side, and bad feelings ensued.

Eventually I think I just forgave all the penalties if they agreed to stop doing it, and we moved on. It's honestly been a very long time since I even thought about it. I don't even remember who was involved. I'm sure they all remember that I was involved, however. Hopefully I learned something, and have mellowed out a bit after that incident.

As for me, I didn't really care about the mulitple accounts, but I was pretty annoyed at the betrayal of trust by Akili. Plus, my wife was out of town that weekend and I had to choose between doing projects around the house or posting at length about the situation.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:31 AM   #85
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:

For the record I had to serve my entire ban.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:40 AM   #86
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Mercy doesn't extend to Utes.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:44 AM   #87
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:

I can't say that you misrepresented anything necessarily. My issue, at the time, was that you appeared to take what Akili said to you at face value and started suspending people without fully checking things out. Perhaps I was mistaken in this. It was a combination of this perception and Akili's general weaselness that got me ticked at the time. I say this as an observer as I did not and do not have a duplicate account on cb.

This is part of the reason that I don't frequent cb much anymore. There are other reasons but I won't bore everyone with going over them here as most are the same old stuff.

Last edited by realtall; 02-20-2008 at 02:48 AM.
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:01 AM   #88
El Jefe

El Jefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall View Post
I can't say that you misrepresented anything necessarily. My issue, at the time, was that you appeared to take what Akili said to you at face value and started suspending people without fully checking things out. Perhaps I was mistaken in this. It was a combination of this perception and Akili's general weaselness that got me ticked at the time.
I didn't take what he said at face value. I took what he said, and looked into it. It was certainly useful to have "inside info", as it were, since it pointed me in the right direction. It's harder to avoid detection if I know who you are.

mpfunk may be correct -- I thought I had offered to reduce all of the penalties, but may memory may be faulty.

I personally don't think Alkili was a weasel, he honestly didn't think it would turn into such a big deal. He was an easy target for everyone's hatred (along with me, of course).
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:04 AM   #89
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't mind the suspensions being handed out. I think I'm more upset about my permanent ban.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:05 AM   #90
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
This is a sad, sad day on CG. What a pathetic thread.
Lingo's line made it worth the time spent. I hereby declare Cougarguard a great success in the annals of time and history. Bretheren your efforts to help Johnny develop a personality have been successful!