cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Home Improvement and Real Estate

Old 07-27-2007, 01:13 AM   #1
nikuman

nikuman is on a distinguished road
Default Pest Control

Anybody (especially you fellow Texans) have any recommendations for pest control people? We don't have anything major to deal with - just some random ants - but we want to get it taken care of.
nikuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:56 AM   #2
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikuman View Post
Anybody (especially you fellow Texans) have any recommendations for pest control people? We don't have anything major to deal with - just some random ants - but we want to get it taken care of.
Invite them in, listen to their message, tell them you're a Mormon, and wish them a pleasant day. They usually don't come back after that.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:50 AM   #3
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikuman View Post
Get a service. Ours comes ever other month and are on call as needed. I think it's like $70 / visit or something along those lines. Well worth it IMO. You don't want to get the bug infestations going here in TX. Everything is bigger in Texas. And I'd imagine Houston is worse than Dallas.

The company is Berrett Pest Control and is owned by a member ... but I think they're just in Dallas.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:08 PM   #4
dut99002

dut99002 is on a distinguished road

I'd just get a pest control company to come in regularly for monthly maintenance.

If you have a major problem in the house with ants I'd look to see where they are coming in and try and seal the entrance/hole. I'm saying this having no clue if you pest problem is serious or not. When we first moved here we had ants in our master bedroom closet. They got in my clothes one day and one bit me in a very precarious place. I bought caulk and bug spray, pulled up a lot of my carpet, found their entry ways and sealed every possible entrance. We never had another ant problem.

If you don't take care of pest problems they can get really out of hand. My SIL and BIL had a ginormous home up until recently just outside Dallas County (Cedar Hill) overlooking a lake. It was bordering a semi-rural area.

They had a freak pest control problem. No joke. Scorpions, rats, and snakes (who had followed because of the rats). They also had copperheads in their yard and we even found a tarantula. They're not the type who like to 'rough it' (my BIL hasn't gotten dirty in his entire life), so they moved out of the place completely. Mostly because of the animal problems.
dut99002 is offline   Reply With Quote