cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat

Old 04-16-2011, 02:48 AM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So you want to be a lawyer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMvAR...1&feature=fvwp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGiFW...1&feature=fvwp

Last edited by Archaea; 04-16-2011 at 02:55 AM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

you're a little slow here, Arch. This went viral. . . I don't know. . . six months ago? It is funny, and I couldn't resist passing it along a couple of times myself.

To me, it begs the question--how many lawyers would recommend law school to those who say they want to go? If someone ever asks me my opinion on that question, I would say I'm pretty discouraging.
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
you're a little slow here, Arch. This went viral. . . I don't know. . . six months ago? It is funny, and I couldn't resist passing it along a couple of times myself.

To me, it begs the question--how many lawyers would recommend law school to those who say they want to go? If someone ever asks me my opinion on that question, I would say I'm pretty discouraging.
It depends on what stage they are in. I admit to being slow. I just re-watched them recently so I posted them for fun.

I generally discourage law school unless it fits their intellectual bent or personality. It seems that we need more people in production than in service industries.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm always discouraging.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
It depends on what stage they are in. I admit to being slow. I just re-watched them recently so I posted them for fun.

I generally discourage law school unless it fits their intellectual bent or personality. It seems that we need more people in production than in service industries.
well, I don't think it's true that NO one should be lawyers. It's an important "service" whether we like it or not (Mike). I'm guessing we might advise similarly: if you're in your early to mid twenties and contemplating law school because you're not sure what else you might want to do professionally, I'd tell you to keep looking. Too many people go to law school for that kind of reason, and it leads, in part, to a lot of unhappy lawyers.
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote