cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 10:25 PM   #1
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thoughts and prayers to Camille Cleverley's family and friends...

It's been reported that her body was found near Bridal Veil Falls.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Very sad.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:35 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Someone on CB saying found at bottom of cliff, reports she had depression issues.

If that is the case, the part I don't get is going to the convenience store that next morning. She spends the entire night outdoors, then goes to a convenience store, then falls off cliff (either accidentally or purposefully)?

Every once in a while there would be reports of people going up to squaw peak or Y mountain, and that they fell to their death. A certain % of those are suicides, but I never remember it being reported as such.

Here in Dallas, we have a big interstate interchange that goes up about 10 stories. We've had a lot of suicides off of the interchange.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:44 PM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Someone on CB saying found at bottom of cliff, reports she had depression issues.

If that is the case, the part I don't get is going to the convenience store that next morning. She spends the entire night outdoors, then goes to a convenience store, then falls off cliff (either accidentally or purposefully)?

Every once in a while there would be reports of people going up to squaw peak or Y mountain, and that they fell to their death. A certain % of those are suicides, but I never remember it being reported as such.

Here in Dallas, we have a big interstate interchange that goes up about 10 stories. We've had a lot of suicides off of the interchange.
Yes, it seems rather suspicious that she'd go to a convenience store before falling off a cliff.

Whatever happened, you are correct that it is very sad news.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:07 AM   #5
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

So the fact that her debit card was used the day after she disappeared is confusing to me now. Does this basically mean that the charge just went through a day late?
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:19 AM   #6
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
So the fact that her debit card was used the day after she disappeared is confusing to me now. Does this basically mean that the charge just went through a day late?
I think it says that she was last seen on Thursday night, not that she disappeared Thursday night. I'm not sure if she had roommates or not, or if they just didn't see/hear her come home if she did. I don't think it is impossible to think that she left Friday morning to go for a hike and fell.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:16 AM   #7
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
It makes sense to me... I've known more than one person who, upon having some sort of little breakdown, has taken a very long walk, drive, or field trip.

Once when I was about as close to rock bottom as I have ever come I left my house and just started walking. I lived at the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon and ended up walking to downtown and then most of the way down 900 East to a friend's house on 4500 S.

My friend saw me walking (and knew that I had taken off the night before) so he pulled over and picked me up. I honestly can't say where I was going. The only difference between me and one of those homeless dudes you see mumbling was the $400 Gore-Tex coat and the really nice boots.

At one point I stopped at a convenience store and grabbed a snack (I think).

If she did have "issues" it is entirely possible she just went for a walk to think things out and ended up having an accident or ended up not avoiding an accident.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:47 AM   #8
FMCoug

FMCoug

Unless they find some sort of evidence of foul play at the site or on her body, I doubt we'll ever know what happened. Could be accidental, could be a suicide, could be foul play made to look like one of the above.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:47 PM   #9
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Very sad. I have a third hand connection to this story. Apparently, biking up Provo Canyon and hiking and climbing was something she did regularly. Family and friends are upset there is speculation about suicide.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Very sad. I have a third hand connection to this story. Apparently, biking up Provo Canyon and hiking and climbing was something she did regularly. Family and friends are upset there is speculation about suicide.
people on CB are saying it was reported she had a h/o depression.

Even if she did, that doesn't mean it was suicide.

One thing I haven't gleaned...where was the cliff she fell off. Right on a trail, or off the beaten path?