cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #11
FMCoug

FMCoug

If the Dems can't manage to win the white house this time around, it will be one of the most colossal screwups in political history. What's GWB's approval rating, 20% or so?

Pathetic.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:35 PM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
If the Dems can't manage to win the white house this time around, it will be one of the most colossal screwups in political history. What's GWB's approval rating, 20% or so?

Pathetic.
Don't worry. The dems will continue to clean house in the House and Senate.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:38 PM   #13
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
IMO, that's just bluster from people caught up in the emotion of a campaign. When it comes down to it, few of them will make good on their promise to sit it out or vote for the other party.
Shun the unbeliever, shun the unbeliever.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #14
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
IMO, that's just bluster from people caught up in the emotion of a campaign. When it comes down to it, few of them will make good on their promise to sit it out or vote for the other party.
Perhaps. But in a tight election, it doesn't have to take many to sit home to make a decisive difference.

Regardless of who the Dem nominee turns out to be, if self-identified conservatives show up in numbers approach that of GWB, I will be very surprised. There may be a similar pattern among racial/gender groups in the Democrat party.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:37 PM   #15
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
You sure about that?

Isn't the Congressional approval rating hovering around 11-12%

I'm with FM. If the Dems don't win the White House this time, it will be a gargantuan failure on their part.

And I would love it.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:50 PM   #16
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Hillary has said she is proud to have run an issues-based campaign and it is "regrettable" that her supporters' comments might have taken a personal turn against Senator Obama, who is probably not really a Muslim and is actually only half black.
I believe she said "Senator Hussein Osama..."
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:28 AM   #17
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Olbermann's open statement this evening to Hillary regarding Ferraro's comments about race and politics. This is well done, and the beginning and end are especially strong.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...01329#23601329

"Your own advisers are slowly killing your chances to become president. Their words and your own are now slowly killing the chances for ANY Democrat to become president...This is not a campaign strategy. This is a suicide pact...This is your campaign and this is your name. Grab the reins back from whoever has led you to this precipice before it is too late."
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:36 AM   #18
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Read every Obama story and his race

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Have you guys been following the remarks from Geraldine Ferraro? She's a friend and supporter of Ms. Clinton, and has been trying to explain why the DNC should make sure she gets the nomination.

[/INDENT][INDENT]"If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position," she continued. "And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."

As you can imagine, these remarks resulted in some, um, criticism. So she was asked today what she thinks about the negative publicity:

"Any time anybody does anything that in any way pulls [the Obama] campaign down and says, 'Let's address reality and the problems we're facing in this world,' you're accused of being racist, so you have to shut up," she told the Daily Breeze of Torrance, California. "Racism works in two different directions. I really think they're attacking me because I'm white."

You know, if I were Hillary I would ask this woman to stop talking. Like now.
is brought up. As if we couldn't tell he was black.

Why was Mississippi a foregone conclusion. Because of the heavy black population. Even the media mentions it but if a politician mentions it, they go nutzo!

Last edited by exUte; 03-13-2008 at 05:41 AM.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:39 AM   #19
exUte

Default The same party who committed to clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
up port barrel projects...........and the pork is greater than it's ever been. So much for their promises. the voters just need to be reminded. Plus, now Obama is hedging on pulling out of Iraq. Brilliant!

But then the rural, high school educated American can't figure that out. Selective listening or just plain stupidity.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:43 AM   #20
exUte

Default Right. Congressional approval ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
You sure about that?

Isn't the Congressional approval rating hovering around 11-12%

I'm with FM. If the Dems don't win the White House this time, it will be a gargantuan failure on their part.

And I would love it.
are that low..........but thanks to the strength of incumbancy, most will keep their jobs. After all, it's the other congressman that has the low ratings, not mine. Stupid Americans.