cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2005, 10:09 PM   #1
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What would you do?

I have a very interesting choice that may be coming down the line. My 6-year-old son has been taking some acting lessons and has just auditioned for and been accepted to another acting program. He is doing very well, and he has been receiving very positive feedback from his acting coaches and agents. We live in Orange County, so we're relatively close to the L.A. acting scene, and he really seems to enjoy it.

The teacher who just accepted him into his program told my wife this the other day: "I don't usually do this, but I have a friend who is the casting director for a movie going into production, and I think your son would be perfect for the role. Would it be all right if I talk to my friend about him?"

Very exciting. Here's the kicker. The movie is the remake of The Omen ("Omen 666"). The role is Damien - aka the son of Satan. (According to the acting coach, he's perfect for the role because he has such a wholesome look.)

It's the kind of thing that can open many, many doors for him. In fact, the kid who played Damien in the original was nominated for a Golden Globe.

I actually have never seen The Omen. I don't particularly like horror movies. The original was rated R for violence and language.

I really doubt it will happen, but a good byproduct of him going after the role would be exposure to at least this casting director, which might open up other opportunities that he otherwise would not have.

Once he gets a little more acting experience, assuming that it works out (if it's only commercials and print ads, that's great, too), I would like to go toward Nickelodeon and Disney-type stuff, but you've got to start somewhere, huh?

However, I'm not very comfortable with my son being the son of Satan (what does that make me? :twisted: )

Just interested in other opinions regarding why we should pursue this or why we shouldn't.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote