cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road
Default The Real McCain

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ft-behind.html

"Carol insists she remains on good terms with her ex-husband, who agreed as part of their divorce settlement to pay her medical costs for life. ‘I have no bitterness,’she says. ‘My accident is well recorded. I had 23 operations, I am five inches shorter than I used to be and I was in hospital for six months. It was just awful, but it wasn’t the reason for my divorce. ‘My marriage ended because John McCain didn’t want to be 40, he wanted to be 25. You know that happens...it just does.’

Some of McCain’s acquaintances are less forgiving, however. They portray the politician as a self-centred womaniser who effectively abandoned his crippled wife to ‘play the field’. They accuse him of finally settling on Cindy, a former rodeo beauty queen, for financial reasons."
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudphudCoug View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ft-behind.html

"Carol insists she remains on good terms with her ex-husband, who agreed as part of their divorce settlement to pay her medical costs for life. ‘I have no bitterness,’she says. ‘My accident is well recorded. I had 23 operations, I am five inches shorter than I used to be and I was in hospital for six months. It was just awful, but it wasn’t the reason for my divorce. ‘My marriage ended because John McCain didn’t want to be 40, he wanted to be 25. You know that happens...it just does.’

Some of McCain’s acquaintances are less forgiving, however. They portray the politician as a self-centred womaniser who effectively abandoned his crippled wife to ‘play the field’. They accuse him of finally settling on Cindy, a former rodeo beauty queen, for financial reasons."
I don't think there are many politicians out there who are not womanizers. It's probably an ego thing.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:43 PM   #3
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

I do find the story of how he came to be with Cindy creepy. But I'm letting it go since there are so many crazy policy reasons to bring him down.
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:43 PM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

No surprises, and Obama would do the same (witness dumping his pastor when such man became an albatross). Bill would have experienced a mysterious accident with Hillary, so what's the big deal? Does anybody suspect Obama is any different? I don't.

So if McCain is an opportunist, does that mean he won't select Huckabee? So there's hope?

Last edited by Archaea; 06-10-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

McCain is increasingly showing his true colors in this campaign, and it is not pretty.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:51 PM   #6
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
No surprises, and Obama would do the same (witness dumping his pastor when such man became an albatross). Bill would have experienced a mysterious accident with Hillary, so what's the big deal? Does anybody suspect Obama is any different? I don't.

So if McCain is an opportunist, does that mean he won't select Huckabee? So there's hope?
Obama dumping his pastor (for good reasons) is the same to you as Obama dumping Michelle if she got in a car crash and was confined to a wheelchair?

You may be the oddest person I have come across.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:56 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

A man who will cheat on his wife will cheat on this country as president.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:57 PM   #8
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
McCain is increasingly showing his true colors in this campaign, and it is not pretty.
Mike, this should interest you:

http://www.lp.org/news/press-release...rs-of-the-same

On Friday, the New York Times reported that a McCain adviser had stated McCain as believing that “neither the administration nor the telecoms need apologize for actions that most people, except for the A.C.L.U. and trial lawyers, understand were constitutional and appropriate in the wake of the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.” Taking such a position would put McCain in lockstep with the highly criticized programs of the Bush administration.

"Real change--the kind that a Barr administration would bring to Americans--would be returning America to a place where citizens can trust that the government is not looking over their shoulder or listening in on their phone calls," says LP presidential candidate and former Congressman Bob Barr. "A McCain administration would undoubtedly be a continuation of the status quo from which Americans are ready to escape. McCain is not change. McCain is four more years of the same."
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Blue, I might actually vote Libertarian this year.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #10
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Obama dumping his pastor (for good reasons) is the same to you as Obama dumping Michelle if she got in a car crash and was confined to a wheelchair?
I'm trying to picture the dance you'd be doing had Romney won and left his church for political expediency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Blue, I might actually vote Libertarian this year.
I may have fun this election season browsing through all Mike's pro-McCain posts.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote