cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 10:17 PM   #11
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
wow!! thanks of enlightening me ..was not you who i met at Heathrow airport wearing burka coming back from pakistan ???
I'm being facetious, but aren't you being simplistic on how this scenario would play out in an Islam marriage?

Seriously what would a Muslim man do if his wife tried to pull that off?
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:17 PM   #12
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
It's cute that you look to a bunch of ignorant Mormons for validation of your life.
No validation needed. Just showing the other side. Mormons think it would be so awful to have an inactive spouse. I think it would be terrible to be in the shoes of the unbelieving spouse in my hypothetical.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:20 PM   #13
jay santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
It's not a full tithe uless she's paying 10% on your income, or at least have of it. It's literally community property in most states, and effectively such in the rest. If she divorced you she'd claim and probably get at least half your assets.
I don't think there's a bishop in the church that would deny a woman a temple recommend for not paying tithing on her husband's income who didn't allow it.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:23 PM   #14
scottie

scottie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't think there's a bishop in the church that would deny a woman a temple recommend for not paying tithing on her husband's income who didn't allow it.
Would seem strange to me if a woman in that situation declared that she wasn't a full tithe payer.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:24 PM   #15
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Nope. In fact, the church does NOT consider it community property in most cases. I know of a situation where a husband was an excommunicated member and thus could not pay tithing. The wife wanted to pay it in her name but the church said no since it was from his job (she was a homemaker).
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:26 PM   #16
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm being facetious, but aren't you being simplistic on how this scenario would play out in an Islam marriage?

Seriously what would a Muslim man do if his wife tried to pull that off?
muslim men should marry muslim women ,so if a muslim woman is facing a need in her soul and is seeking for truth in other religions ,then its fine..she could have it ..but some schalors believe that muslim men couldnot continue their marriage with a non-muslim woman. so no cutting head off ,sorry to disappoint you.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:27 PM   #17
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

One more way the LDS Church subordinates women. It doesn't believe in community property. Nice.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:28 PM   #18
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
One more way the LDS Church subordinates women. It doesn't believe in community property. Nice.
I am certain it has nothing to do with gender. If the roles were reversed and the wife was the one excommunicated, they would not accept tithing on her earnings either.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:30 PM   #19
jay santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
muslim men should marry muslim women ,so if a muslim woman is facing a need in her soul and is seeking for truth in other religions ,then its fine..she could have it ..but some schalors believe that muslim men couldnot continue their marriage with a non-muslim woman. so no cutting head off ,sorry to disappoint you.
So then why the self-righteousness about islam marriage being more permanent?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:30 PM   #20
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I assume this is supposed to be a joke? If so, ha ha. If not, you're missing the point badly.