cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many times a week do you go out to eat for dinner?
Zero: We make our food and love it 6 19.35%
1-2 times a week: We like to eat out but prefer to eat at home 16 51.61%
3-4 times a week: Pretty much every other day we go out 4 12.90%
5+ times a week: You can take the stove and oven out of my house 5 16.13%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2007, 08:22 PM   #1
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How often do you eat out?

My wife rarely ate dinner at home with her family...and we seem to have continued that tradition on with our little family. We eat out probably 3 times a week. A lot of times, it is takeout. Anyway, just curious as to you all.

Last edited by UteStar; 04-16-2007 at 08:26 PM.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

We eat out twice a month as a couple. This is not an option on the poll, so I'm making note here. We never (ever) take the kids to restaurants.

When we get out, we prefer a good sushi, which is hard to come by in these parts.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:13 PM   #3
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

What about the option--we never eat out because we're too po'?
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:40 PM   #4
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Does eating out everyday at work for lunch count? We used to eat out constantly, pretty darn close to three meals a day. But since we started dieting it is maybe once a week if that. I do eat out at lunch everyday but its normally a sizzler salad or a wrap from Jasons Deli.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:17 PM   #5
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
What about the option--we never eat out because we're too po'?
I second this option - we haven't eaten out in months. We are what you call "house po' "

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
We eat out twice a month as a couple. This is not an option on the poll, so I'm making note here. We never (ever) take the kids to restaurants.

When we get out, we prefer a good sushi, which is hard to come by in these parts.
When we do eat out, sushi is one of our favorite things without the kids. With the kids we tend to stick with McDonalds or Applebees.

A couple of months ago Mrs. Meanie and I splurged and signed up for a sushi class. The class is coming up on May 2 and I'm totally stoked. Mrs. Meanie served her Mormon Mission in Japan and she got me into sushi - now it is one of my favorite things to eat. <HomerSimpson>Mmmmm, sushi, aaauuuuggggghhh</HomerSimpson>
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:27 PM   #6
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
A couple of months ago Mrs. Meanie and I splurged and signed up for a sushi class. The class is coming up on May 2 and I'm totally stoked. Mrs. Meanie served her Mormon Mission in Japan and she got me into sushi - now it is one of my favorite things to eat. <HomerSimpson>Mmmmm, sushi, aaauuuuggggghhh</HomerSimpson>
That would be SO cool. I actually had to trick my husband into trying sushi for the first time. Now he's addicted. He eats way more than I do: sashimi and everything.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:34 PM   #7
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Yikes, I should imagine so! My friend who did grad school in Nebraska often lamented about the lack of good sushi in those parts.

We rarely eat out, maybe once every few months or on special occasions.
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:43 PM   #8
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

My three youngest kids are 6, 3, and 16 months. One of my favorite things to do with them is eat out. I'd much rather do that than roll around on the floor with them for hours. More times than not I take them out alone! People are amazed. But I'm a great father and they mind me well. I've found that the more times you do an activity with little ones the more they go along with the routine. You have to go to the right kind of place; one that tolerates noise and a big mess. We go to the pub sometimes and watch games. Sometimes for Chinese food, etc. The trick is that the two youngest love to eat a variety of things (they're like me); they love restaurants; so once the food comes it's not so big a struggle. And the pickier older brother is actually more help than work. It's a blast but you wouldn't believe the hellatious mess we leave. It looks like a dumpster. I always tip 33% minimum.

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 04-17-2007 at 02:47 AM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:53 PM   #9
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I refuse to believe zero. I can believe the "we make our own and love it",,,but I don't believe the zero.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:04 PM   #10
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I refuse to believe zero. I can believe the "we make our own and love it",,,but I don't believe the zero.
If I count business lunches that are paid for by my company then the number is probably once a week; however, if I'm strictly counting as a family then the number is zero. The last time we ate out as a family was a couple of months ago when we went to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate Bugs Meanie getting his alphabet crown in pre-school.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote