cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 10:10 PM   #21
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously, just thinking of that much worstershire makes me want to puke.

Here's a little redemption:

Oven baked boneless chicken breasts
For the last 10 minutes of baking, coat with BBQ sauce and top with feta cheese and cilantro.

And here's a recipe MSCoug gave to me, for Winger's wings. I followed it and agree with him that it tastes just like theirs:

- Heat Canola Oil to 375 degrees
- Use thawed wing pieces
- Dunk the wings into Frank's original red-hot sauce, then coat in a combination of 1/2 cup cornstarch, 1/2 tbsp Lawry's, 1 tsp garlic powder
- Fry for 7 minutes (this is at sea-level, you may have to fry longer at altitude - internal wing temperature needs to be above 160 degrees)
- Coat in a mixture of 1/2 cup Frank's, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter
- Serve with Blue Cheese or Ranch
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #22
danimal

danimal is an unknown quantity at this point

testing avatar
Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed, but free to explore extra-marital encounters.

Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people?

Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but...but it might work for us.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:34 AM   #23
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

bump
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:03 PM   #24
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Pasta al Forno

1 lb. ground beef or sausage
1 can (16 or 20 oz not sure which it is) of tomato sauce
salt, pepper, oregano, basil to taste
1 16 oz. package of rigatoni
as much grated cheese of your choice as you want.

Brown ground beef or sausage. At the same time in a sauce pan, add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, oregano and basil on low-med heat. Stir occassionaly. When the sauce starts to bubble add ground beef/sausage, mix it well and turn heat down to low.

After adding the meat to the sauce it's time to start cooking the pasta. Add 1/2 cup of olive oil to the water before bringing to a boil. (This will prevent the water from boiling over and add a nice flavor to the pasta). When the water boils, cook pasta until it's how you like it.

Drain pasta and add to the sauce. Stir well then put in a baking dish and add cheese to the top. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350* for 10 minutes.

Mangia bene! (Good eatin')

You can also do this without the meat if you'd like, but what's the point?
I made this and it was excellent. One thing though it needs garlic. I tried the sauce and kept putting more and more basil, salt, pepper, and oregano and it didn't work. Once I remembered the need for garlic it was great.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:03 AM   #25
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
I made this and it was excellent. One thing though it needs garlic. I tried the sauce and kept putting more and more basil, salt, pepper, and oregano and it didn't work. Once I remembered the need for garlic it was great.
Glad you liked it. I did forget to mention garlic, which was a huge oversight on my part.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:46 PM   #26
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Food I would starve to death without:

1. Scrub a potato, poke holes in it, stick it in the microwave for 3 or 4 minutes on each side, so that it's soft inside. I like to over cook mine a little so that it's sort of crunchy, but my sister hates it when I make one for her like that. Then I cut it open and use a fork to mash up the insides, put butter, salt & pepper on it. Hands down my favorite food.

2. Smash up a handful of tortilla chips on a plate, pour hot chilli over the chips, put cheese on top of the chilli, green salad on top of that, and salad dressing. This is also a staple in my diet.

3. Chop up a cucumber, tomato, and a chunk of white onion. Mix it together with some angel hair pasta, and pour italian dressing over it.

4. My mother's recipe:

Sweet and Sour Sauce (for any meat you choose) Makes about 6 servings

1 1/2 cups of meat
2 T. cornstarch
1/4 C. brown sugar
1 cup pineapple juice
1 15 oz. can pineapple chunks
1/2 t. salt
1/4 c vinegar
2 T. soy sauce
1 chopped green pepper

Mix cornstarch, brown sugar, pineapple juice, salt, vinegar, and soy sauce in bowl. For juice, you can drain the chunks and add water to make 1 cup liquid. Place mixture in pan over medium heat and stir constantly until thickened. Add meat. pineapple chunks and pepper. Heat mixture completely and spoon over hot rice.

I use ham with that one.

5. My post gym dinner:
I crack three or four eggs in a bowl, pour in a cup or so of whole milke take a fork blend it all together. Then I do one of two things:

Option 1: put in a handful of shredded cheese mix it all together, pour it into a small but deep frying pan, and cook it really slow, adding a little salt and pepper while it's still liquid. It makes a thick little omelet. The key is adding enough cheese.

Option 2: pour it into a frying pan, scramble them up until they're pretty dry, and then pour in a bunch of salsa, continue frying and then put cheese on top of that.

I eat at least two of these probably at least 3 times a week. None of them take more than a few minutes. Even the sweet and sour recipe is pretty fast.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:38 AM   #27
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Those sound like tasty quick meals, BDB.

I may have to try that tomorrow, as I'll be by myself Tues. and Wed. before I can join my wife and kids at her parents place in Ivins on Thursday.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote