cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kyle Van Noy's letter of appreciation

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsby...l-noy.html.csp

He will be missed. It was clear to me that he was special in the very first game he got significant time on the field. He had a burst that no one else had.

I'm not entirely sure that he will be successful at the next level. He's a little bit of a tweener. Not big and strong enough to be a pass rush threat as a linebacker, but not fast enough to be a safety. Many games this season he was invisible.

Could he be an Eric Weddle kind of talent? I think that's his ceiling. Experience tells us that if someone is a good football player, they can find a way to make an impact.

I think about Dat Nguyen who played MLB for A&M and ended up as an effective NFL player for the Cowboys. Many said that despite his effectiveness in college he did not have the size for the NFL. They were wrong (mostly).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:55 PM   #2
Snowcat

Snowcat is on a distinguished road

KVN gets top rating for OLB's in the Senior Bowl

Quote:
Executive Director Phil Savage considers BYU's Kyle Van Noy as the best outside linebacker at the all-star game during the week of practices.

Savage released his ratings of the outside linebackers on the Senior Bowl's website on Thursday. Savage is a former NFL assistant coach, scout, player-personnel director and general manager.

Savage predicted Van Noy would become a starter in the NFL during his first two seasons.

"Kyle was the most complete outside linebacker on the North and South rosters because of his combination of athleticism in space, his ability to stack the run at the point-of-attack and his overall pass-rushing skills," Savage wrote. "He can play on or off the line of scrimmage and appeared equally secure in defending the run or pass. In reality, he is versatile enough to fit the 3-4 or 4-3 systems and play in Sub as a rusher or coverage defender. Kyle should become a starter early on and enjoy a productive NFL career."
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...s_top_rat.html
Snowcat is offline   Reply With Quote