cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This pic hilights what annoyed me most about many church members and prop 8

I think that's exUte at the top of the wall, supporting prop 8 from SLC. BTW, I've never noticed the nice handrails on the stairs in this painting.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I think that's exUte at the top of the wall, supporting prop 8 from SLC. BTW, I've never noticed the nice handrails on the stairs in this painting.
Yeah, I always got a chuckle out of the hand rails. What good is a huge city wall if you can get up to the top quickly and safely? What if the elevator is out of commission?
Old 11-08-2008, 02:50 PM   #3
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

I saw that pic over on CB. You know what amazes me about CB is that the mods seem to have a hair trigger about religious posts, personal attacks, etc. but it is amazing how much homophobic crap they allow over there lately.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #4
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

lol. i have never noticed the hand rails.

That damned OSHA is everywhere.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #5
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
I saw that pic over on CB. You know what amazes me about CB is that the mods seem to have a hair trigger about religious posts, personal attacks, etc. but it is amazing how much homophobic crap they allow over there lately.
So, is that photoshopped version considered homophobic?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #6
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
The mods actually let a lot of the personal attacks slide (I am exhibit A on that one), but you are right in that there seems to be a general approval of negative comments towards gays.

It has to be tough being a mod on CB.....the majority of posts violate one rule or another. it just isnt practical to ding every single person. Add to the fact that most of the mods find many of the same posters to be annoying. Remember, these are the guys that actually had the brains to ban Lingo, exie, and NorCal.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:16 PM   #7
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
So, is that photoshopped version considered homophobic?
No, I was not talking about that. I was talking about a lot of the comments made in the last week or so.

And don't get me wrong. I don't really care that much about what goes on at CB. It has just been interesting lately.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:58 PM   #8
OrangeUte

OrangeUte is on a distinguished road

that picture is making me tear up i'm laughing so hard! where is my old blue copy of the BoM - I need to see it again to find the differences. it's like a hidden object game.
OrangeUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #9
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
lol. i have never noticed the hand rails.

That damned OSHA is everywhere.

Perhaps Samuel was an OSHA inspector, and in the picture he's proclaiming, "This walkway is NOT wheelchair accessible!"

[Cue SU for the observation that the Americas did not have the wheelchair until the Spaniards arrived]
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #10
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

I never noticed the handrails before either. Pretty funny. I guess despite their wickedness they had stringent building codes and inspectors.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote