cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #1
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will JJ Diluigi

work himself into a position to get any significant reps this year?

I was hoping that he would be good enough to justify 4-5 rpg, but with Bronco deciding BYU is better with two tight ends on the field instead of two backs it appears that JJ is not developing into that type of player.

Is JJ just not good enough or are there issues understanding assignments? I never expected JJ to be a feature player at BYU, but I thought he would contribute.

Also after all the dust settled with respect to the fullback position it appears that nobody has demonstrated enough consistency to warrant one, the decision is uhhhhhhh change the scheme. Friel becomes a 3rd tight end and Fui or Kariya get the rare fullback rotation rep.

I think Kariya could be a fullback in another year if he can bulk up 20 more lbs. He strikes me as a good fullback. Tough kid, hard worker, blue collar and a decent pass catcher....I.E. not exceptionally talented and just happy to get a role of blocking.