cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #21
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
Perhaps if you had ridden more than 100 miles in this calendar year you may notice a difference in performance and comfort.
Good point. LOL. I think I am indeed less than 100 miles.

I have 400 miles total on my bike, which is about 40% of my season. Yes, when I do a century, it represents 10% of my miles to date.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #22
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
i am just looking for a commuter and for a fitness bike. only roads, i'm not interested right now in a mountain bike. also, i'm not looking to set a speed record, but i don't want a huffy that is a p.o.s. either! thanks for the tips - i am also wondering what size i need. my inseam is 35", and i thought i read somewhere that the size bike frame is based on the inseam length.
Are you in SLC?

I'm a little heavier than you but found a great deal on an older TREK at Guthries on 21st S and about 8th East. I also found an excellent deal on a bike at Canyon Cycle in Sandy but the people there that helped me were douche bags. Guthries had a great deal on a 2 year old never been used model and their service was and has been great.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:19 AM   #23
OrangeUte

OrangeUte is on a distinguished road

Mike - those 2 bikes u linked are good price - will be going to a bike store tomorrow to figure out size etc. Fusnik, what kind of trek are you riding?
OrangeUte is offline   Reply With Quote