cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2008, 02:41 AM   #1
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road
Default I have been a 49ers fan since I was 7

As much as I try, I can't like another team more than the 49ers. However, it is tough since being in Utah I can't get their games and NFL Ticket isn't really an option. That and I've been disgusted with the way they've ran the franchise (not even the losing... hiring Dennis Erickson really really soured me, as well as a few other moves I've felt were questionable). My second favorite team though, who has been gaining ground fast and has been my #2 since I was about 12 has been the San Diego Chargers. I love their defense. I love their location, and I love those powder blue unis. I contemplated buying an LT or a Merriman jersey on a trip there this summer. What has to happen for it to be acceptable for me as a fan to be able to like the Chargers not exactly MORE than the 49ers, but as much so that I don't feel guilty cheering for them? Maybe I just need to pony up and get Sunday NFL ticket (and DirecTV) so I can just watch the 9ers and get back into the NFL. Thoughts?
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:45 AM   #2
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
As much as I try, I can't like another team more than the 49ers. However, it is tough since being in Utah I can't get their games and NFL Ticket isn't really an option. That and I've been disgusted with the way they've ran the franchise (not even the losing... hiring Dennis Erickson really really soured me, as well as a few other moves I've felt were questionable). My second favorite team though, who has been gaining ground fast and has been my #2 since I was about 12 has been the San Diego Chargers. I love their defense. I love their location, and I love those powder blue unis. I contemplated buying an LT or a Merriman jersey on a trip there this summer. What has to happen for it to be acceptable for me as a fan to be able to like the Chargers not exactly MORE than the 49ers, but as much so that I don't feel guilty cheering for them? Maybe I just need to pony up and get Sunday NFL ticket (and DirecTV) so I can just watch the 9ers and get back into the NFL. Thoughts?
Chargers suck so do the 49ers, its like deciding between Utah and Utah State. Pick your poison.