cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Big game tonight

Cowboys vs. Eagles.

What a great year to be a BYU and Cowboys fan, and a A&M/Notre Dame hater, btw.

Actually the list of teams I hate is much longer than those two, and my hate for A&M is probably somewhat temporary...
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

It is actually a great year to NOT like the Cowboys, given that they will eventually flame out again, like most every other year.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
beelzebabette

beelzebabette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
It is actually a great year to NOT like the Cowboys, given that they will eventually flame out again, like most every other year.
I thought this would be a good season to see what it must be like to walk in Rocky Balboa's shoes and drafted Romo, TO & Barber in a fantasy draft. (Okay, truthfully, I just set my draft order and thought of the Rocky connection after I saw the results.) Now I just need to work myself into a rage a few times, and I'll get back to you.
beelzebabette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beelzebabette View Post
I thought this would be a good season to see what it must be like to walk in Rocky Balboa's shoes and drafted Romo, TO & Barber in a fantasy draft. (Okay, truthfully, I just set my draft order and thought of the Rocky connection after I saw the results.) Now I just need to work myself into a rage a few times, and I'll get back to you.
You should also do yourself a favor and start wearing a pink cowboys jersey. Those seem to help Romo's performance.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 09-16-2008, 03:22 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Cowboys did not impress me last night. I don't think they should be considered the favorite.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:47 AM   #6
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Looks like the flame-out has begun.

NOT because they lost a close one to the Redskins....but because T.O. has started to complain to the media about not getting the ball.

Go T.O., go! Spread that cancer around!

Old 09-29-2008, 02:49 AM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Romo had a terrible game. I'm glad they lost.

This team is overrated, defense is very mediocre. They need the wakeup call now, and not in December.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:55 AM   #8
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Romo had a terrible game. I'm glad they lost.

This team is overrated, defense is very mediocre. They need the wakeup call now, and not in December.
It isn't the talent. They should be able to march through October given their schedule.

It is the cancer. Sooner or later, T.O. starts reverting back to his self-destructing ways, which is why he cannot find a stable home.

The Dodgers are going to go through the same thing with ManRam eventually....sooner or later, the talent doesn't merit the headache.

This is a relatively small blip for the Cowboys....but it shows the cracks in the facade. This time it was fairly minor. But what happens after the next Cowboy loss? What does T.O. say the next time?

Truthfully, he had several balls come his way, I though. Not sure why he felt that he wasnt being involved.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:57 AM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
It isn't the talent. They should be able to march through October given their schedule.

It is the cancer. Sooner or later, T.O. starts reverting back to his self-destructing ways, which is why he cannot find a stable home.

The Dodgers are going to go through the same thing with ManRam eventually....sooner or later, the talent doesn't merit the headache.

This is a relatively small blip for the Cowboys....but it shows the cracks in the facade. This time it was fairly minor. But what happens after the next Cowboy loss? What does T.O. say the next time?

Truthfully, he had several balls come his way, I though. Not sure why he felt that he wasnt being involved.
look, it's one thing to take down the Eagles, but if TO thinks he can be bigger than the Cowboys, he is mistaken.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:20 AM   #10
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
look, it's one thing to take down the Eagles, but if TO thinks he can be bigger than the Cowboys, he is mistaken.
I think Dallas is in for a rude awakening sooner or later. I am sensing a pattern...