cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports

Old 05-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jimmer and where I want him drafted

Like many, I've become a big fan of Jimmer. And I'm anxiously awaiting the NBA draft to see where he will go.

But unlike many, I do NOT want him to be drafted by Utah.

It's not that I don't like the Jazz. I became a Jazz convert during the Malone/Stockton almost-title years. I always liked Sloan. Admittedly, my interest has fallen off as they have put their eggs in the d-bag basket of Boozer and now that Sloan is gone...

But still, that does not explain why I don't want Jimmer drafted by the Jazz. Playing for the Jazz would be like staying at home after graduating from high school. I'd like to see him go someplace else, earn his stripes. Not have a coach be under tremendous pressure to play him. To not have to deal with all the douchebag Jazz fans with hard-ons for him.

We all know that the Millers CANNOT pass on drafting a white man. They love their white basketball players. So it is becoming difficult to imagine that the Jazz would pass on Jimmer at 12. Please, Gawd, if you love Jimmer, do not let it happen.

Just when I had though I had read the stupidest things out there on the internet tubes, I come across this article by Vai Sikahema. He wants the Jazz to draft him so that Jimmer can follow the law of chastity.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ect-match.html

See this is what I'm talking about. Jimmer should stay far, far away from the Jazz.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that Larry Miller has passed and his heirs' sole interest in the Jazz being purely financial, there is talk of using Jimmer as a gimmick to increase attendance. Which would suck for the head coach, being pressured by the chanting fans into playing someone who he doesn't want in the game.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I don't follow the franchise very closely, but it appears the Jazz are headed for the dumpster.

Dumping good players for salary reasons. You look at the current team and scratch your head about who is actually any good. It's an entire team made up of bench-players. Best player is Al Jefferson? That's Sacramento-ish.

Jimmer wants to be drafted as high as possible for $, and he probably would love to be in the situation of getting a lot of PT. So Jazz would work, in the short-term, for him.

I hope someone falls in love with Jimmer and drafts him before 12.

Jazz are so stupid I wouldn't be shocked if they took him at 3.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I don't follow the franchise very closely, but it appears the Jazz are headed for the dumpster.

Dumping good players for salary reasons. You look at the current team and scratch your head about who is actually any good. It's an entire team made up of bench-players. Best player is Al Jefferson? That's Sacramento-ish.

Jimmer wants to be drafted as high as possible for $, and he probably would love to be in the situation of getting a lot of PT. So Jazz would work, in the short-term, for him.

I hope someone falls in love with Jimmer and drafts him before 12.

Jazz are so stupid I wouldn't be shocked if they took him at 3.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I think there is a pretty good chance Jimmer goes before #12.

An article here saying the Knicks may be interested in trying to move up to take Jimmer.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #6
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems the Jazz take Williams or Kanter at 3, or Knight and one of the Kansas twins at 12, leaving the Suns to draft him at 13.

I'd like the Suns, Carolina, the Kings, even the Pacers or the Knicks before the Jazz. That would be okay in the short run. In any event he appears to be ready to make some money and to have a nice career.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

If the Jazz take Knight at 3, then Jimmer may fall past 12, because teams won't think that the Jazz will take him at 12. But if Jazz go big at 3, then there will be a lot of thought that Jimmer won't last past 12.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #8
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the Jazz take Knight at 3, though I'd prefer to see them go with Williams or Kanter.

Jimmer could go to Sacramento, Carolina or even Phoenix. In worst case, he goes to Knicks, which I would hope doesn't occur. The Knicks are a trainwreck.

It'd be cool to see him to Dallas if they have a first round pick.

Jazz might take the Colorado guard at 12.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Some think that the Kings may take Jimmer.

It would be an incredible coup to be taken so early, but a disaster to be taken by the arguably worst franchise in the NBA.

But the Kings once held a prominent place in the mind of the NBA fan. They could do so again. And Jimmer could become a legend in obscurity, kind of like some of the guys on Warriors teams in the past, and sort of like Kevin Love with the Timberwolves. You hear about the guy, but you never see him play.

From a pure selfishness standpoint, I would love to see the Mavs take him. Also from a personal standpoint, I would die if somehow the Lakers got him. I hate the Lakers.

More realistically, I would like to see him on the Pacers or the Knicks. I could even tolerate the Rockets. Don't want to see him on the Jazz.

But if he somehow ended up on the Mavs, I would begin immediate discussions re: season tickets.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:20 AM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Jimmer picked by the worst franchise in the NBA.

Kings fans upset by Jimmer pick.

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/foru...ersonnel-moves

Of course, there are only about 14 Kings fans in the entire country.

Jeez, it's going to be hard to be associated with the DB Kings fans.