cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food

Old 06-24-2008, 02:12 AM   #11
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
Five Guys is great. My wife and I used to go to the one in Alexandria, Va. (King Street) all the time
I've been there, right off the yellow metro line near the Mason temple. Good burgers.

Did you meet Sister Solon at the infamous Colonial 2nd ward, or at Five Guys? I hope you say at Five Guys. What a catch!
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:02 AM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
Isn't that the place with the shark fin on top of the station wagon? If so, they make very nice fish tacos.
I honestly do not know. Rocky could confirm.

But I was impressed at the non-crapness of their tacos....they tasted like real mexican food. They came on corn tortillas. They had cilantro and onions...and really not much else. They didnt top them off with sour cream or cheddar cheese. You could get radishes on the side.

My only complaint was no horchata, which is almost inexcusable. But the tacos were nice, so I was happy.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #13
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

Brand X was good. They changed management about 3-4 years ago and it went downhill considerably. They went out of business about 1 1/2 ago.

5 guys sounds damn expensive for a fast food burger.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #14
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
Brand X was good. They changed management about 3-4 years ago and it went downhill considerably. They went out of business about 1 1/2 ago.

5 guys sounds damn expensive for a fast food burger.
Here is the thing about 5 guys, it is a little pricier but think of it as short order rather than fast food. Plus, even a small fry will feed three people. What they do is take a styrofoam cup and fill it with fries boardwalk style, put it inside a bag, and then basically fill the bag the rest of the way up with fries. Also, they have regular and junior sizes for burgers. A regular anything is the size of your head. So the wife and I usually get junior burgers, split a small cajun fry (you MUST get the fries cajun style, to do otherwise is error) and two fountain drinks. That comes in at about 15 bucks. Plus you don't pay anything for all the shell-on peanuts you can eat while you wait.

Just try it. You'll be hooked.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:47 PM   #15
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
Here is the thing about 5 guys, it is a little pricier but think of it as short order rather than fast food. Plus, even a small fry will feed three people. What they do is take a styrofoam cup and fill it with fries boardwalk style, put it inside a bag, and then basically fill the bag the rest of the way up with fries. Also, they have regular and junior sizes for burgers. A regular anything is the size of your head. So the wife and I usually get junior burgers, split a small cajun fry (you MUST get the fries cajun style, to do otherwise is error) and two fountain drinks. That comes in at about 15 bucks. Plus you don't pay anything for all the shell-on peanuts you can eat while you wait.

Just try it. You'll be hooked.
I posted about 5 Guys awhile back but nobody noticed. 5 Guys is awesome. Not only do they have good burgers but the best split pan-fried hot dogs. And their fries as Dan suggests are the shiznit. Splash them with the malt vinegar and voila! Heaven.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:03 AM   #16
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
I've been there, right off the yellow metro line near the Mason temple. Good burgers.

Did you meet Sister Solon at the infamous Colonial 2nd ward, or at Five Guys? I hope you say at Five Guys. What a catch!
No, we actually met in Italy while we were both on vacation. Strange but true. She and I had a mutual friend, and this friend arranged for me to meet him while she was getting on the plane to go home. We went out when I got back to the states and that was that.

We were dating when I took a job in the DC area, so she came out with me. We technically maintained separate residences, but you know . . . We never really hit the Colonial Singles Ward. The building was literally so crowded during church that you couldn't walk from one end to another when classes let out. It was like a frat party, only pretty much the exact opposite behavior. So, we just attended a family ward (the Alexandria ward).
Old 06-25-2008, 02:00 AM   #17
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Colonial 2nd is where its at!

Oh, and Five Guys is a high quality fast food burger...
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:11 AM   #18
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
Colonial 2nd is where its at!
Ah, there's nothing quite like all of the hot-headed, young PoliSci majors and law students who go to DC to intern, being sent to the same singles ward. There's more propaganda between those walls than scripture.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:23 PM   #19
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Ah, there's nothing quite like all of the hot-headed, young PoliSci majors and law students who go to DC to intern, being sent to the same singles ward. There's more propaganda between those walls than scripture.
We had one girl here literally leave the ward to go back to her home state and run for congress. It is quite the group of young LDS singles, that's for sure.
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:01 AM   #20
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
Isn't that the place with the shark fin on top of the station wagon? If so, they make very nice fish tacos.
Yes that's the place.

It's off of Fort Union BLVD right before you hit 2300 East.

I just ate there last night. I live 0.5 mile walk from there.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 06-29-2008 at 07:09 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote