cougarguard.com  unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2017, 06:27 PM   #11
BlueK
Senior Member
 
BlueK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,315
BlueK is on a distinguished road
Default

Don't know how long it will take, but the way things are going the President is headed into impeachment.
__________________
I am a libertarian
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:04 PM   #12
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Orgasmatron
Posts: 24,155
Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
Don't know how long it will take, but the way things are going the President is headed into impeachment.
I don't know enough of the facts to have an opinion on that prognostication. The prospects of Mike Pence being POTUS doesn't make me happy. There would be less propensity for stupid mistakes, but less basis for any real change either. I do not want to see Democratic gains just to eject Trump.
__________________
Ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:58 PM   #13
BlueK
Senior Member
 
BlueK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,315
BlueK is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I don't know enough of the facts to have an opinion on that prognostication. The prospects of Mike Pence being POTUS doesn't make me happy. There would be less propensity for stupid mistakes, but less basis for any real change either. I do not want to see Democratic gains just to eject Trump.
In 2018 there will probably be a lot of democratic gains, and the longer Trump is in charge the worse it will be.

I'm not really a Mike Pence fan, but I really can't think of a single beneficial change that would come from Trump that wouldn't/couldn't come with Pence and a Republican congress. I can think of a lot of change I wouldn't want if Trump had his way that I wouldn't be worried about happening with Pence. And Pence isn't a threat to basic civil liberties the way Trump is. At least, that is how I see it.
__________________
I am a libertarian
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:47 PM   #14
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Orgasmatron
Posts: 24,155
Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
In 2018 there will probably be a lot of democratic gains, and the longer Trump is in charge the worse it will be.

I'm not really a Mike Pence fan, but I really can't think of a single beneficial change that would come from Trump that wouldn't/couldn't come with Pence and a Republican congress. I can think of a lot of change I wouldn't want if Trump had his way that I wouldn't be worried about happening with Pence. And Pence isn't a threat to basic civil liberties the way Trump is. At least, that is how I see it.
Midterm Elections usually benefit the party not in power.

But the demographics don't favor the Democrats. In the Senate, the Dems defend 25 seats to 8 for the GOP.

What you can't sense because you're not of that demographic is the current mess is making Trump more popular with his supporters. Trump defies normal thinking.

I recognize that this author has a bias, but examine his reasoning that the Dems are engaging in risky strategy.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...il_133109.html
__________________
Ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Last edited by Archaea; 02-17-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:04 PM   #15
BlueK
Senior Member
 
BlueK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,315
BlueK is on a distinguished road
Default

The weirdest thing about the Trump presidency is that almost every single day he does or says something even more weird than the day before. Of course, that's how he was as a candidate. I don't understand why anyone would be surprised.
__________________
I am a libertarian
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.