cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics

Old 05-04-2009, 02:53 AM   #21
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
If you read this site, you are aware that I have made preparations to defend myself and my family. We are instructed that we are to "stop" those that are threatening our lives.

And somehow, this is the same as people who would torture other human beings?

See, I don't want to get in these conversations because I don't have the patience for it. If you are such that you have come to this conclusion already, assuming you are older than 15, there is no helping you.
You summarily condemn Bybee for his moral rationalizations and see your moral rationalizations as different. It's hypocrisy.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:55 AM   #22
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
You summarily condemn Bybee for his moral rationalizations and see your moral rationalizations as different. It's hypocrisy.
Tooblue, you are a moron. Cali is nice, and says you must be just acting a moron for a reaction, that you can't possibly be this stupid. Call me naive, but I don't think it's an act.

You are lost in the woods with no compass.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:59 AM   #23
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Tooblue, I am honestly trying to think of a single positive contribution you have made over the years. I'm not coming up with anything.

Maybe there is something I have overlooked, so you other guys here, help me out--tell me what tooblue has contributed.

-------

The rest of us will focus on the task at hand which is whether the USA should be in the business of torture.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:04 AM   #24
tooblue

Quote:
Tooblue, you are a moron. Cali is nice, and says you must be just acting a moron for a reaction, that you can't possibly be this stupid. Call me naive, but I don't think it's an act.

You are lost in the woods with no compass.
Name calling will not change the fact that you have made thoughtless and hypocritical comments about Bybee. Don't blame me for your insecurities.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:06 AM   #25
tooblue

Quote:
Tooblue, I am honestly trying to think of a single positive contribution you have made over the years. I'm not coming up with anything.

Maybe there is something I have overlooked, so you other guys here, help me out--tell me what tooblue has contributed.

-------

The rest of us will focus on the task at hand which is whether the USA should be in the business of torture.
What other guys? No one else is around. If this is an attempt to run me off it's not working. You will have to play victim with me around to watch.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:15 AM   #26
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
What other guys? No one else is around. If this is an attempt to run me off it's not working. You will have to play victim with me around to watch.
This is me being nice.

You will soon see the uglier side. The side that is like unto Bybee. Right? Because that's what I am.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:28 AM   #27
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Name calling will not change the fact that you have made thoughtless and hypocritical comments about Bybee. Don't blame me for your insecurities.
Really? You are the one equating Stalin with Nephi.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #28
tooblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Really? You are the one equating Stalin with Nephi.
Link!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #29
tooblue

Quote:
This is me being nice.

You will soon see the uglier side. The side that is like unto Bybee. Right? Because that's what I am.
Now threats? Interesting.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #30
MikeWaters
Demiurge

One of my faults is that I was much too nice and patient with people that wished me ill. Like a cancer it grows until it is unmanageable.

The torture-purveyors are the same. They are the cancer that America is either doing to deal with now or ignore.

When America is gone, they will look back to now. They will look at the flouting of the constitution, the ignoring of laws in the name of security, the breaches of civil liberties. They will note how nobody cared, how people lied, how people were willing to trade their liberties for a false security.

In another age, Jay Bybee would be dragged onto the street and shot. His head would be placed on a pole in the city square.

I don't ask for that. I merely ask that he be questioned under oath. I ask that he be prosecuted, if he broke the law. I ask that if he was unethical in his prior job, that impeachment be considered. Whether that happens or not, I ask that he be shunned. Not as a leper. Because lepers we should care for and serve. Shunned like a devil.

The world likes it devils. And there will be people who call good evil, and evil good. "If you are against torture, you are a gross hypocrite." The number of people with any amount of moral clarity diminishes daily.