cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > What should this site be?

Old 12-11-2007, 05:12 AM   #31
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Had there been a mother in the home, these things wouldn't have happened. By the time he married the one Golden Girl who brought along her annoying kid, it was too late.
Her name was Maggy and her red head kid was named Sam. He had a bowl cut, if I recall correctly.

Maggy was a Designing Woman, not a Golden Girl.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:13 AM   #32
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
He slipped up a few times.....his kids tried cigarettes, Willis and Janet Jackson were tempted to go all the way, and Arnold and Dudley hung out in a bike shop with a pedophile named Gordon Jump.
Mr. D was a crap dad. Kimberly went to France and became a bulimic. None of the boys were man enough to take The Gooch. Kimberly's hair turned green once. Arnold used to dress up like Mr. T. The boys got kidnapped once in a Christmas episode.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:14 AM   #33
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Maggy was a Designing Woman, not a Golden Girl.
There's a difference?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:49 PM   #34
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

You know what, I don't care what anyone says, Willie Tanner would beat the every loving crap out of Mr. Drummond.

Also, if you want to start personal vendetta with me, attack the TV show ALF.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #35
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
You know what, I don't care what anyone says, Willie Tanner would beat the every loving crap out of Mr. Drummond.

Also, if you want to start personal vendetta with me, attack the TV show ALF.
I am a friend to Gordon Shumway, so it looks like you and I are at an impasse.

Also, Benji Gregory lived his ALF years in Thousand Oaks, so I cannot knock a hometown boy.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 12-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #36
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:

Also, Benji Gregory lived his ALF years in Thousand Oaks, so I cannot knock a hometown boy.
Good to see that you are a friend of Gordon Schumway. I just think this world doesn't have enough family sitcoms written by a heroin addict.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:49 AM   #37
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:

IMO, Gordon Shumway is a demigod. ALF is one of my favorite shows ever.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:41 AM   #38
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
IMO, Gordon Shumway is a demigod. ALF is one of my favorite shows ever.
I wont w.a.s.t.e. a lot of your time discussing Gordon Shumway, because, by extolling the virtues of Alien Life Form, you are basically stating the complete obvious.

Other 80s faves of mine, in no order:

Mid to Late 80s
1. Cosby (pre Raven Simone....once she arrived in the Huxtable household, I couldnt care less)
2. Family Ties (pre-Brian Bonsall....once he arrived in the Keaton houshold, I couldnt care less)
3. Cheers (both with Diane and Rebecca, but for different reasons)
4. Moonlighting (Cybil was hot, Bruce Willis still had hair)
5. LA Law (this show made me want to go to law school because Corbin Bernson was always sleeping with the hot women in his firm)

Mid 80s
1. Diff'rent Strokes (black dudes living with hot white "sister," slavery and racism overtones, Janet Jackson, and Gordon Jump as a pedophile. Plus, one of the greatest TV theme songs of all time)
2. Facts of Life (lesbian overtones, pleated miniskirts, and lots of Edna)

Early 80s
1. Love Boat (if you needed a weekly fix of Carol Channing or Charo, this was the place)
2. Fantasy Island (Tattoo, a red golf cart with red and white striped canopy, free leis and drinks=winning combo)
3. Manimal (short lived crime fighter about a dude who changed into a panther, a snake, and I think some sort of wolf)
4. All in the Family (even as a young kid, I knew I was watching something important on TV when this was on)
5. The Jeffersons (as a spin-off of AITF, it was my first exposure to black culture and also laid a solid foundation for my future love of Diff'rent Strokes)

What others am I forgetting?

Shows that were popular, but that I never cared about:

1. Dukes of Hazzard
2. A Team
3. Simon and Simon
4. Scarecrow and Mrs King
5. Night Court

Old 12-12-2007, 03:21 AM   #39
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Webster - Another show about an adopted African-American little person. Emmanual Lewis sure seems a lot more well-adjusted than Gary Coleman.

Small Wonder - A pre-pubescent robot integrating in the family? Brilliant!

Silver Spoons - A kid finding his zillionaire long-lost father who is often more immature than his son makes for some great comedy and even better life lessons.

My Two-Dads - A girl's mother dies and she moves in with her father whom she has never met. Her pops takes himself too seriously, but he's balanced out by his wacky roommate with a great mullet and purple couch.

Who's the Boss? - An Italian boxer finds work as a housekeeper for an uptight female New England executive. Her mother, a sex-starved senior citizen, laid the groundwork for Golden Girls. As Tony's daughter became more feminine throughout the course of the series, so did Angela's son.

Perfect Strangers - Cousin Larry meets Balki as he conquers Chicago.

Growing Pains - Launched the career of Kirk Cameron.

The best thing about these sitcoms is that they always implored the viewer to continue viewing after the commercial break. I miss that.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:21 AM   #40
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
I wont w.a.s.t.e. a lot of your time discussing Gordon Shumway, because, by extolling the virtues of Alien Life Form, you are basically stating the complete obvious.

Other 80s faves of mine, in no order:

Mid to Late 80s
1. Cosby (pre Raven Simone....once she arrived in the Huxtable household, I couldnt care less)
2. Family Ties (pre-Brian Bonsall....once he arrived in the Keaton houshold, I couldnt care less)
3. Cheers (both with Diane and Rebecca, but for different reasons)
4. Moonlighting (Cybil was hot, Bruce Willis still had hair)
5. LA Law (this show made me want to go to law school because Corbin Bernson was always sleeping with the hot women in his firm)

Mid 80s
1. Diff'rent Strokes (black dudes living with hot white "sister," slavery and racism overtones, Janet Jackson, and Gordon Jump as a pedophile. Plus, one of the greatest TV theme songs of all time)
2. Facts of Life (lesbian overtones, pleated miniskirts, and lots of Edna)

Early 80s
1. Love Boat (if you needed a weekly fix of Carol Channing or Charo, this was the place)
2. Fantasy Island (Tattoo, a red golf cart with red and white striped canopy, free leis and drinks=winning combo)
3. Manimal (short lived crime fighter about a dude who changed into a panther, a snake, and I think some sort of wolf)
4. All in the Family (even as a young kid, I knew I was watching something important on TV when this was on)
5. The Jeffersons (as a spin-off of AITF, it was my first exposure to black culture and also laid a solid foundation for my future love of Diff'rent Strokes)

Shows that were popular, but that I never cared about:

1. Dukes of Hazzard
2. A Team
3. Simon and Simon
4. Scarecrow and Mrs King
5. Night Court
For me, a few of shows were:

Charlie's Angels - I've mentioned this before (and I may be breaking rule #67 of this board), but this show launched puberty for males about my age.

Three's Company - Chrissy Snow. 'Nuff said.

Miami Vice (post mission) - Crockett drove some cool cars, especially the white '85 Testarossa, and Tubbs was the epitome of cool. And babes in bikinis were there before Baywatch was an idea.

Welcome Back Kotter - who didn't want to be a sweathog?

WKRP in Cincinnatti - Sure, Jennifer was stacked, but Baily - wow. Les Nessman is the greatest radio newsman ever. Being married to the station's majority owner allowed Mr. Carlson to apparently skip the background check.

All in the Family - concur with your comments.

What's Happening? - Raj, Dwayne and Rerun and their adventures. The mouthy little Dee always had great comebacks. Big Shirley was to be respected because she didn't allow any ne'er do wells to cause trouble at Rob's Place.

Brady Bunch - Jan was unintentionally correct: Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.

Was never really a fan of but would watch:

M*A*S*H
Sanford and Son (Very cool theme song)
Mork and Mindy