cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2008, 04:46 PM   #51
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post

I can also hear the guys flipping channels when Nebraska goes up by 40 over ND in the first quarter, and comes across a BYU-TCU game on the Mtn, the score 25-17 BYU, TCU with the ball with ten minutes to go...and deciding to watch the rest of the game.
Part of this depends on where they put us on the "dial". I went quite a while without knowing I even had the Big-10 network because they put it up in the 400's where I never tread. If they do something similar with us, I don't see many people coming across our games at all. Reminds me of the time earlier this year that the MSU bball game was on BYU tv. Somebody linked to a thread on the MSU board where everyone had been calling their satellite providers to add BYUtv and were all shocked to learn they had it all along.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:50 PM   #52
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Part of this depends on where they put us on the "dial". I went quite a while without knowing I even had the Big-10 network because they put it up in the 400's where I never tread. If they do something similar with us, I don't see many people coming across our games at all. Reminds me of the time earlier this year that the MSU bball game was on BYU tv. Somebody linked to a thread on the MSU board where everyone had been calling their satellite providers to add BYUtv and were all shocked to learn they had it all along.
True enough. Not everyone has my patience when seeking out football programming...
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:53 PM   #53
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Do people use their programming function to search for sports? That's what I do. It's a very handy feature on a Fall Saturday.
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:56 PM   #54
Spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
Do people use their programming function to search for sports? That's what I do. It's a very handy feature on a Fall Saturday.
I've used several methods for locating football (or movies), including this one, when hanging out at my brother's house.

I've always wondered how many satellite users use all their functionality, and how many still 'flip'...
Old 02-22-2008, 05:00 PM   #55
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
I've used several methods for locating football (or movies), including this one, when hanging out at my brother's house.

I've always wondered how many satellite users use all their functionality, and how many still 'flip'...
It's a great feature. I honestly don't remember all the sports stations. Especially the ones in the 400's. Heck, half the time I can't remember which 400 station the Jazz game is on and I use that station all the time. This is a great feature for finding games on a Saturday. It's also great for college basketball. My wife uses it for stupid chick flicks, so the feature is not without fault.
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:01 PM   #56
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
I rarely do, only if there's a specific game I can't find that I know must be on somewhere. I usually find a game worth watching on the local channels, ESPN, Foxsports etc... There usually isn't much reason to search further than that.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:07 PM   #57
Spaz

Quote:
I rarely do, only if there's a specific game I can't find that I know must be on somewhere. I usually find a game worth watching on the local channels, ESPN, Foxsports etc... There usually isn't much reason to search further than that.
This is, probably, the attitude of most people without a direct interest in the Mtn...

I USUALLY just use the guide to surf. We'll see how things go when I switch to Direc
Old 02-24-2008, 07:25 AM   #58
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
I am in a similar situation at ours. I believe they can limit where you put your dish, which can be a hassle, but they can't stop you from having one. Our HOA is a huge pain, and the way our community is set up, I can't get a good shot to get a decent signal. The only spot where I could put a dish, I would have to drill a messy hole through the front of our house to get a cable in, and I don't particularly want to do that. So for me, I'm stuck with Digital Cable (which is really Dish Network on a cable system), so until Dish gets it, I'm essentially screwed.
That's why one should avoid living in HOA's.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:44 AM   #59
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Thursday night ESPN games = exposure? No one watched that on the East Coast. The games started at 9 or 10PM and ended around 1AM.

No one EVER said to me the next day "Hey, I watched that BYU game last night. Pretty exciting."
When did a BYU Thursday night game on ESPN start at 10pm ET? The vast majority started at 8pm ET, 9pm at the latest. Besides, East Coasters are used to games at this timeframe. MNF started at 9pm ET all those years it was on ABC.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:23 AM   #60
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
When did a BYU Thursday night game on ESPN start at 10pm ET? The vast majority started at 8pm ET, 9pm at the latest. Besides, East Coasters are used to games at this timeframe. MNF started at 9pm ET all those years it was on ABC.
Well, you live in California. Go figure.

http://www.cougarboard.com/schedule....ll&season=2003

http://www.byucougars.com/Schedule.jsp?SP=130&YR=2002

http://www.byucougars.com/Schedule.jsp?SP=130&YR=2001
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote