cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Other College Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anybody catch the volleyball game?

While channel surfing, I happened upon the BYU vs Pepperdine game. Pepperdine being ranked #1 in the country (I think BYU is #2). I hadn't heard anything about this new player Cala, who has defected from Cuba and who is 22 years old. Apparently we have him for 4 years. Anyway, he comes into the match in game 2 (after BYU was pounded in game 1) and just dominates. He looks like a man among boys. BYU wins 3 straight games and thus the match. This kid is exciting to watch and I'm thinking BYU reaches the championship game at least twice in the next 4 years. He seemed that dominant.

I was disappointed to learn that Pepperdine swept BYU last night (I think the first 2 games were 28-30). But not surprised to read that Cala had more than half of the teams' kills.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote