cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The 49ers continue to dominate on O

without Smith playing. Man, do they look good. Just check those First Half O stats.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20071007025
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:26 PM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Indy, Lingo and the other Ute haters are probably thrilled beyond belief to hear this.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
8ballrollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Indy, Lingo and the other Ute haters are probably thrilled beyond belief to hear this.
I'm joking. They have 39 yrds in total O with 1:00 left in the first half and ONE first down. They look like crap.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballrollin View Post
I'm joking. They have 39 yrds in total O with 1:00 left in the first half and ONE first down. They look like crap.
I see. I'm not watching that game. Not one drop of 49er blood runs through my veins.

I've got GC on and using picture in picture to see what's happening in the Red Sox/Angels game.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:36 PM   #5
8ballrollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I see. I'm not watching that game. Not one drop of 49er blood runs through my veins.

I've got GC on and using picture in picture to see what's happening in the Red Sox/Angels game.
I've got GC on the TV and 49ers on the PC (TVU), but I'm a lifer with the 49ers.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:00 PM   #6
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballrollin View Post
I've got GC on the TV and 49ers on the PC (TVU), but I'm a lifer with the 49ers.
With or without Smith this version of the Niners remains among the most unwatchable in a long time.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:31 AM   #7
8ballrollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
With or without Smith this version of the Niners remains among the most unwatchable in a long time.
I agree.

I posted this on CB...

I think QB's must develop a rhythm with the offense in order to succeed. With rhythm they are able to communicate confidence in the plays and in their execution, even in a loss. Obviously, in turn, this can put the defense on their heels and not simply let them pin their ears back and attack.

The only times the 49ers have looked good on O this year is when they've been running a hurry-up and opening the playbook - looking to move the ball in 10-15 yard chucks quickly, i.e. end of the AZ game, end of the STL game and for about 2:00 today. In these few moments, they have had offensive rhythm.

If this team is going to do anything this year, the coaching staff has to take off the training wheels and take some risks, even if they stumble along the way. Nolan’s plan today was to score 10 points, no more, no less. He didn't his 10 but only 7. He was not coaching to win; he was coaching scared.

Nolan is from the Baltimore organization and wants to build with D first. Great. But he has to tell Hostler to open it up (to create some rhythm) and if he doesn’t...both of them should be on the hot seat. Maybe Crowton can leave LSU and OC in SFO.