cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2008, 08:50 PM   #51
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Not trying to be a douche but you think Utah has a better offense than Oklahoma? Or as good of an offense?

The way I see it is that TCU has the best run defense in college football and Utah does not have a great O-line. So the running game will be neutralized, which means that BJ is going to be counted upon to beat TCU and that favors TCU big time.

However Dalton is not a great QB and Utah has a good defense so thats why I think it is a low scoring game.
I think Dalton will have some Miscues that will lead to short yardage TDs. I think sakoda will give Utah good field position and I think Aiona Key will play huge on special teams.

For the record I don't think Utah's offense is as good as Oklahoma's. Of course that doesnt mean they can't score 35 points on TCU.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:28 PM   #52
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Junkie's stats re turnovers are interesting. If BJ can not turn the ball over, the Utes may be in good shape. They are high scoring and generate 420 yards TO a game. But look at the AF game how turnovers kept AF in a game Utah should have won by 30 points.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:46 PM   #53
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

I have TCU as the SLIGHT favorite in this game. My model, FWIW, is roughly 60% on games similar to this on the year (it's in the "pick'em" category. My model is close to 90% on picking the rest of the games).

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:31 PM   #54
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

If the weather tomorrow is anything like it is today (cold and snow) the game will really be low scoring and turnovers could be the biggest factor.

Because the Frogs are one of the best at takeaways, I'd give the nod to TCU in a game during which TOs are the key, but I'm guessing that inclement weather like today's would be tougher for TCU to deal with mentally. According to weather.com it's been warm in Ft. Worth the last few days. I don't know when TCU is scheduled to arrive in SLC, but leaving when the temp is in the 80s and arriving when there is snow and it's 32 degrees (as it is now) is tough to prepare for.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:18 PM   #55
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
If the weather tomorrow is anything like it is today (cold and snow) the game will really be low scoring and turnovers could be the biggest factor.

Because the Frogs are one of the best at takeaways, I'd give the nod to TCU in a game during which TOs are the key, but I'm guessing that inclement weather like today's would be tougher for TCU to deal with mentally. According to weather.com it's been warm in Ft. Worth the last few days. I don't know when TCU is scheduled to arrive in SLC, but leaving when the temp is in the 80s and arriving when there is snow and it's 32 degrees (as it is now) is tough to prepare for.
Lots of runs, short passes, options, and screens.