cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #41
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
Uhh...okay? So if other football players do it too it doesn't make it that bad? Interesting...

I never used the term "gangster thugs" so you can stop putting it in quotation marks.
Sorry for the quotes. Don't get so defensive. I just feel that your view of the USC athelete is a bit harsh...if you feel that way about all D1 athletes that don't happen to wear a BYU uniform then I guess you are at least being consistent despite being naive. You are entitled to your opinion, however if this is the way you feel, you could change your statement to:

"I don't understand why anyone in there right mind would go anywhere other than BYU"

If you can't see why kid would go to a place other than BYU, then I guess we don't have a common ground to continue this discussion.

Disclaimer: I know you did not actually say the quotation above. The quotes are a literary device used to add emphasis.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:05 PM   #42
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

BDB are you racist? Just curious because the only difference between BYU and USC besides the overwhelming amount of talent is that they have a lot more players that are darker skinned. Considering your previous posts about only dating RMs, and how quickly you are to judge people (oh wait you said you dont judge people, I guess thugs is not judging) anyways it wouldnt surprised me if you were racist.

Have you ever dated someone that wasnt white?
Old 01-17-2008, 08:06 PM   #43
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
BDB are you racist? Just curious because the only difference between BYU and USC besides the overwhelming amount of talent is that they have a lot more players that are darker skinned. Considering your previous posts about only dating RMs, and how quickly you are to judge people (oh wait you said you dont judge people, I guess thugs is not judging) anyways it wouldnt surprised me if you were racist.

Have you ever dated someone that wasnt white?
I never dated anyone who wasn't white, does that make me a racist?
Old 01-17-2008, 08:08 PM   #44
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Here's a question for a USC vs BYU type comparison as far as NFL potential. How many pro players does USC produce per year as a ratio to top 200 recruits it gets? Same for BYU. For USC it's probably what 8:20? For BYU it's probably 3:2. A top 200 recruit gets way more attention from the coaching staff from early on and potential to develop is greater, IMHO (talking about a guy who's not in USC's top half of recruiting class).
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:10 PM   #45
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
Well there's no accounting for some people's sense of humor I suppose.
BDB, I just get a kick out of your over-the-top statements. I never pegged you for a troll, but that was troll 101.

If you want a serious answer, here are a few things about SC that do not scream ghetto. I will use BYU as a benchmark since I know you are a fan of BYU:

1. Better business school and law school. Likely better all around academics, period
2. More prestigious graduate research programs with much larger annual endowment
3. Average salary of exiting students much higher
4. Tuition is about 10 times as much per year as BYU, thereby attracting some of the wealthiest families to send their kids.
5. One of the greatest athletic traditions in all NCAA in all sports...championships, heismans, etc.
6. Old facilities....because the team has been playing for a long long time. And winning.
7. I've been to countless SC home games. The PAC does not allow beer sales at its home games. I am sure you know this. I have rarely come across terrible behavior, at least any worse than any other stadium.
8. when BYU played at SC, I sat in the BYU section, wore BYU gear, etc. we were treated very well by everyone. I havent heard many people (besides you) complain of their treatment when they went to that game.
9. The campus is in an awful part of town. No getting around that one. The campus itself is really nice. Not sure if you have ever walked around on it.
10. Not sure about the knock on the players. It looks like Reggie took cash, but I cant remember the last time SC was in trouble because its players were violent or getting arrested (Mark Sanchez snuck into the bar when he was a frosh). In contrast, BYU most recently has had rape allegations, or at the very least, group sex.

I could go on and on. Like i said, anytime someone uses the phrase "dumping ground of human debris" and is not TIC, the post is high on the unintentional comedy scale.

Fight On!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:10 PM   #46
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
poor goat. While not a racist...I do feel bad that your...uh...experience lacked diversity.

but at least you have your sanity

Jungle love
its driving me mad
it's making me crazy!
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:11 PM   #47
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
it probably just means you are an ugly pasty-white splotchy red-head whom women (and men) of color don't find attractive. that would be my first assumption, and not that you are racist.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:11 PM   #48
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
The biggest threat a high school kid has in the way of the NFL, IMHO, is not lack of exposure by going to smaller school but risk of getting buried in the depth chart at a top school.

Kaveinga's is in USC's bottom half of their recruiting class. That means if USC recruits three LB's every year, he's going to be middle of the pack (at best) in terms of talent of a ten man LB squad and last in experience his frosh year. So he starts out frosh as 9th in the 10 man LB rotation. He moves up to 6th his soph year. He could end up the Chris Bolden of USC. At BYU, you know you're probably starting your soph year.
Ask Matt Cassel about your theory. I think he is doing just fine...financially, anyway...you play at SC, you will get a shot in the combines.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #49
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it one of the great tragedies of my life that I was accepted to SoCal (unsolicited, btw), and turned them down?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #50
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Ask Matt Cassel about your theory. I think he is doing just fine...financially, anyway...you play at SC, you will get a shot in the combines.
Every single USC senior gets invited to combine?
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote