cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2007, 08:41 PM   #31
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
If Bronco's strategy gets BYU into a BCS bowl game next year, will you attend? Or will you boycott as a matter of principle?

This is what I will be laughing my butt off about. If BYU gets to a BCS game, most of those praising Bronco for his stratgy won't be able to get tickets.

You think they were tough to get and pricy for last years Vegas Bowl, wait until we make a BCS bowl. Lot's of people who don't even follow BYU will be asking for and getting tickets from BYU.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #32
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I am much more likely to go to a BCS game than a non-BCS game.

The last game I saw at LES was BYU losing to Southern Cal.

I'm actually planning to go to Seattle for the Washington game. I'm pretty sure I won't be going to any of the games at LES.

I will of course go to the TCU game in Fort Worth.
That's cool. I understand your frustrations as I don't like the dumbing down of schedules either, but am kind of resigned to the sucky situation as well.

I'm also going up to the Washington game in Seattle. I've never been to the Northwest and am really looking forward to it.

I'm planning on hitting the TCU game. I'm hoping that the Cowboys play that Sunday in Dallas as well so that I can make it a double header.

I've grown up a Cowboys fan and have never been to a game in person and would love to go.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #33
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post

By the way, Bronco and Holmoe are a bit at odds over this scheduling thing.
If that is true, maybe Bronco is fighting Holmoe in the media. Bronco wins that fight 99 times out of 100.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:45 PM   #34
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
That's cool. I understand your frustrations as I don't like the dumbing down of schedules either, but am kind of resigned to the sucky situation as well.

I'm going to the Washington game up in Seattle as well.

I'm planning on hitting the TCU game. I'm hoping that the Cowboys play that Sunday in Dallas as well so that I can make it a double header.

I've grown up a Cowboys fan and have never been to a game in person and would love to go.
I am with you. If they truly schedule a 1AA game next year, my guess is I will attend more road games than games in LES. Wash, AFA, TCU and Utah.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:46 PM   #35
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
If that is true, maybe Bronco is fighting Holmoe in the media. Bronco wins that fight 99 times out of 100.
We will see. Bronco may be fighting some other supporters too.

I know people hate me to say this, but money talks and CB opinions don't mean much.

It isn't my money I am talking about either so don't go off on what a egotistical jackass I am.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:47 PM   #36
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Bronco's job is to keep his job.

Holmoe's job is to sell the programs and keep the $ coming in.

This is where Holmoe tells Bronco that he is the boss, and he will play the schedule that is given to him.

UCLA
SDSU
WYO
UNM
UNLV
div 1AA

Is there anyone excited about this home schedule?
Outside of the UCLA game, you could go to everyone of those games for free. Wait outside the stadium and someone will hand you a ticket. The UCLA game will cost you above face. That tells the admin what the demand is and the potential for revenues with an improved SOS.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:49 PM   #37
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am with you. If they truly schedule a 1AA game next year, my guess is I will attend more road games than games in LES. Wash, AFA, TCU and Utah.
Here is my question: do we have any evidence whatsoever that BYU could schedule a BCS team this late in the game to come to Provo next year to fill the slot vacated by Nevada? I find that extremely unlikely. Which makes this whole debate about Bronco's "balls of chalk" kind of absurd.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:49 PM   #38
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Outside of the UCLA game, you could go to everyone of those games for free. Wait outside the stadium and someone will hand you a ticket. The UCLA game will cost you above face. That tells the admin what the demand is and the potential for revenues with an improved SOS.
LOL, you will have to be a ways a way from the stadium.

I wanted a nephew to unload two tickets I had last year to the EWU game. He gold me security told him to get his butt and those tickets away from the stadium.

Only BYU is allowed to scalp tickets.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:50 PM   #39
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Here is my question: do we have any evidence whatsoever that BYU could schedule a BCS team this late in the game to come to Provo next year to fill the slot vacated by Nevada? I find that extremely unlikely. Which makes this whole debate about Bronco's "balls of chalk" kind of absurd.

It would be if he was smart enough not to say what his intentions were and claim they couldn't schedule anyone good, Nevada backed out to late, which by the way is Holmoe's spin.

That isn't what Bronco has been saying. Kudo's for being honest Bronco even though it doesn't get you anything.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:53 PM   #40
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It would be if he was smart enough not to say what his intentions were and claim they couldn't schedule anyone good, Nevada backed out to late, which by the way is Holmoe's spin.

That isn't what Bronco has been saying. Kudo's for being honest Bronco even though it doesn't get you anything.
I agree with you there. He should stick with "This is the only team we could get" and not "This is my best way to scam us into a BCS bid".