cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ok, I am open to some constructive

criticism here. You all pretty much know I am a CC Legacy member.

Mentioning that or where I sit seems to set some people off. Saying that seems to indicate I am announcing I am better than they are or rich or some other kind of bullshit, my opinion.

What I am trying to express is perhaps the feeling of people who are Legacy members. While they are not better people, let's face facts, those who contribute have more influence in our society. They aren't better people, but they do have more influence. It also doesn't mean they are rich, it could have been my very last $10,000 to my name and the kids aren't going to get anything.

I was trying to give a perspective that I know 3 Legacy members who aren't buying tickets this year and their reasons why. I happen to buy my allotment as a request from CB members. I am out now $1850, I hope I get the money.

Is their no value in expressing how some Legacy members feel and it is always just seen as a chance to express one is better and richer than others.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
criticism here. You all pretty much know I am a CC Legacy member.

Mentioning that or where I sit seems to set some people off. Saying that seems to indicate I am announcing I am better than they are or rich or some other kind of bullshit, my opinion.

What I am trying to express is perhaps the feeling of people who are Legacy members. While they are not better people, let's face facts, those who contribute have more influence in our society. They aren't better people, but they do have more influence. It also doesn't mean they are rich, it could have been my very last $10,000 to my name and the kids aren't going to get anything.

I was trying to give a perspective that I know 3 Legacy members who aren't buying tickets this year and their reasons why. I happen to buy my allotment as a request from CB members. I am out now $1850, I hope I get the money.

Is their no value in expressing how some Legacy members feel and it is always just seen as a chance to express one is better and richer than others.
I doubt if the average fan views the world and BYU sports much differently than a Legacy member. i.e. if 20% of Legacy members are bummed about UCLA in a bowl and 50% want a tougher schedule next year, and 2% are pissed enough to stop buying season tickets, probably 20%, 50%, and 2% of poor, cheap BYU fans feel the same way.

So, the answer is yes there is no value in expressing that you're a Legacy CC member when you give your opinion on such matters.

Calls to authority usually don't work well on internet message boards.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
Insensitive PAP

Insensitive PAP

Maybe Waters could open a Holy of Holies wing in Cougarguard just for you.
Insensitive PAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:41 PM   #4
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insensitive PAP View Post
Maybe Waters could open a Holy of Holies wing in Cougarguard just for you.
And to think I had just moved you off of my dumb ass list. Now I have to move you back on. It isn't as bad as being ignored though.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Harsh crowd.

It doesn't bother me, but I'm influenced by your avatar.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #6
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
And to think I had just moved you off of my dumb ass list. Now I have to move you back on. It isn't as bad as being ignored though.
71, if it makes you feel any better, I have you on my "Legacy Ignore" list, as opposed to my rank and file "Ignore" list.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:57 PM   #7
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I am of the opinion that the more you donate, the more right you have to bitch and moan. If you are not donating or attending games you have no right to bitch about what is going on.

So bitch away.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #8
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I am of the opinion that the more you donate, the more right you have to bitch and moan. If you are not donating or attending games you have no right to bitch about what is going on.

So bitch away.
For the record, I am leaning toward this being the proper attitude.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:02 PM   #9
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
71, if it makes you feel any better, I have you on my "Legacy Ignore" list, as opposed to my rank and file "Ignore" list.
That's worth the $10,000.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:03 PM   #10
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
For the record, I am leaning toward this being the proper attitude.
The real questions is, do you have the right to bitch as much as John Haddow?