cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I've got to figure out a way to keep this from happening

On a run yesterday, my left foot started hurting like hell. I turned around and jogged home, but today, I can barely put any weight on it at all. It was my right foot that I hurt twice last year and its a different part of the foot, but still on the outside of it. I'm hoping its just tendinitis in this one. My sports medicine guy is not in the office today and doesn't have any openings until the end of the month, but the nurse told me to go to instacare to have it x-ray'd, and if it is a fracture or break, they have surgeons that could work me in.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:32 AM   #2
ewth8tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
On a run yesterday, my left foot started hurting like hell. I turned around and jogged home, but today, I can barely put any weight on it at all. It was my right foot that I hurt twice last year and its a different part of the foot, but still on the outside of it. I'm hoping its just tendinitis in this one. My sports medicine guy is not in the office today and doesn't have any openings until the end of the month, but the nurse told me to go to instacare to have it x-ray'd, and if it is a fracture or break, they have surgeons that could work me in.
It appears it is tendinitis in the opposite foot from before. I think I am going to try some different shoes.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:43 AM   #3
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you gone to fleet feet and had them video tape you on the treadmill? It's definitely worth it. Goose and I have a friend who moved from Redding to Alpine and opened a Fleet Feet in Provo. I know his shop does the video thing.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:04 AM   #4
ewth8tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Have you gone to fleet feet and had them video tape you on the treadmill? It's definitely worth it. Goose and I have a friend who moved from Redding to Alpine and opened a Fleet Feet in Provo. I know his shop does the video thing.
I went to Salt Lake Running Company and they watched me run and said I overpronate and I tried out about 6 different shoes and went with the Nike Air Structured Triax 10+ because they felt best, but this is getting ridiculous.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:34 AM   #5
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
I went to Salt Lake Running Company and they watched me run and said I overpronate and I tried out about 6 different shoes and went with the Nike Air Structured Triax 10+ because they felt best, but this is getting ridiculous.
h8tr- it's been awhile since you bought those, hasn't it? I remember you boardmailing me about shoes, and it seems like it was about six months ago. You may have just worn them out, or the sole has broken down. Most shoes are only good for about 300-500 miles or 6 months of use. Also, since you've been out of running for a while, you may be doing too much too soon. It's going to take a while to gain back your fitness. Either way, you may need to get some new shoes.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:18 AM   #6
ewth8tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
h8tr- it's been awhile since you bought those, hasn't it? I remember you boardmailing me about shoes, and it seems like it was about six months ago. You may have just worn them out, or the sole has broken down. Most shoes are only good for about 300-500 miles or 6 months of use. Also, since you've been out of running for a while, you may be doing too much too soon. It's going to take a while to gain back your fitness. Either way, you may need to get some new shoes.
These were my second pair of them, I've only got about 50 miles on them. They also had green superfeet insoles in them that have the same mileage on them. It could be some of the uneven ground I was running on due to the snow and ice packed sidewalks at times though.