cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 05:57 AM   #11
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got the results. I averaged an 8 minute mile exactly and my son a 7:53. He finished exactly one spot ahead of me. This is proof to me that last weeks times were off as this course was a much slower one.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:54 PM   #12
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Just got the results. I averaged an 8 minute mile exactly and my son a 7:53. He finished exactly one spot ahead of me.
8 minute miles in a distance run is certainly nothing to be ashamed of. What sucks for people like me and you, is that our times will continue to get slower, and our kid's times will continue to get better. I wish I had started running much earlier in life, just to see how well I could have done.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:25 AM   #13
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Tonight was race #4 in the series. A 4 miler but this time pure trail running. This was something I'd never done before and I actually kind of enjoyed it. I felt completely out of control on the down hills with loose rock and a near inability to control the speed of my descent. But I think I paced myself better than I ever have and was able to kick at the end. Times slowed significantly (I ran 8:47 miles)due to the difficulty of the course (very hilly, lots of loose rock, creeks to cross etc..) but it was a lot of fun. I continue to give props to Archaea for being able to train in the heat. Temp at start of race was 100 degrees and that hurts. I can't imagine Vegas where you could have 115 at the 7pm start.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:37 PM   #14
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

The hardest are summer brick workouts, long bike ride followed by run in heat, total murder.

Good run Steel.